file [EC 2012] Can you answer these?

27 Oct 2012 11:51 - 28 Oct 2012 08:09 #39816 by Pascal Bertrand
(From LCQ):

Vast Wealth: Do you show the cards of your library until you find an equipment?

Taste of Vitae: Can iy be played against an ally?

Baltimore PUrge: Can it send a vampire with a Secure Haven on him to torpor?

Carrion Crows: If I play Majesty, will I take the 2R damage?

If I play a Dodge against Muddled Vampire Hunter's strike (first strike), will I take his punch?

Mylan: If I untap someone else's vampire with Mylan, is that a D action against them?

Renegade Garou: Is its additional strike mandatory?

Withdraw: If I withdraw, does my predator gain 0.5 VP?

Conditioning: If my Conditioning is DI'd, can I play Bonding?

Can I attempt to block twice with the same minion (I attempt a first time, fail due to a lack of intercept, attempt with another minion, fail, but in the meantime got cards for the first one)?

Fizzle: Do I have to pay the cost of an action that would fizzle (missing blood to pay for the action card)?

Bahari: If I banish a Bahari, and he comes back, is he still Bahari?

Shepherd's Innocence: Is it a D action against those who control an appropriate ally / retainer?

Goratrix: Can he steal life from allies?

FBI: FBI is in play, my ally would burn and I play Left for Dead. Does FBI trigger?

Temptation: Can Shalmath use his untap ability as he is stolen by Temptation?

Lutz: Does Lutz's ability trigger on a successfilly passing referendum?

Tangle Atropo's Hand: At basic potence, can I perform the same action ?

Abactor: Can I tap Heidelberg Castle before the blood hunt and after gaining the blood from successful Abactor?

X Justcar: Can I play Gangrel Justicar if I control a Gangrel Justicar?

Year of Fortunes: I played a Year of Fortunes and chose someone else. Then I got ousted. Do they still get +1 handsize?

Anathema: I played Anathema on my prey's vampire. I then get ousted Does Anathema stay in play?
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 08:09 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2012 12:36 #39818 by Pendargon
Vast wealth : No, you do not show cards

Taste of Vitae : No you cannot taste an ally

Baltimore : depends if the methuselah playing baltimore purge is having a ready lasombra or not. If he does, i think he cannot choose vampire with secure heaven to go down. If he does not, however, i believe that the controler of the secure heaven'd vampire can choose him to go to torpor

Carrion crows : no, you do not get 2r

Muddled : no, dodge dodges his strike

Mylan : Yes, it is a D action

Garou : yes, it is mandatory

Withdraw : Lmao

Conditioning : yes

Blocking twice with the same : No

Fizzle : yes, you pay

Bahari : yes he remains a bahari when he comes back

Shepherd's innocence : yes, it is a D action

Goratrix : yes, he can steal life from allies : >
>Does Goratrix's special ability work on Allies?

Yes. You can steal blood from allies (e.g. Theft of Vitae). They lose
life instead.

See [6.4.5] and the example. (Stealing blood from an ally.)

FBI : no, it does not triger, per "left for dead text"

Shalmath : yes, he can untap

Lutz : does not compute teh question lol

TAngle : yes, it can be attempted again

Abactor : No, heidelberg cannot be used until action is over

Justicar : yes, you can

year of fortune : no, when you are ousted, card goes with you

Anathema : yes, anathema stays

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
27 Oct 2012 12:52 #39819 by Dr.Mafrune
I think you can attempt as many blocking attempt with as many minions you want as long they are not disqualified (via elder impersonation for example).

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
27 Oct 2012 13:30 - 27 Oct 2012 13:34 #39820 by Izaak

Vast Wealth: Do you show the cards of your library until you find an equipment?

It doesn't say reveal the cards, so no.

Taste of Vitae: Can iy be played against an ally?

No, even though the card text is not really clear about this.

Baltimore PUrie: Can it send a vampire with a Secure Haven on him?

Yes. Secure Haven only disallows D-actions which Baltimore Purge is not. Neither is choosing a vampire.

Carrion Crows: If I play Majesty, will I take the 2R damage?

Of course not.

If I play a Dodge against Muddled Vampire Hunter's strike (first strike), will I take his punch?

No. First strike is actually "third strike" (combat ends > dodge > first strike > regular strike).

Mylan: If I untap someone else's vampire with Mylan, is that a D action against them?

Yes.

Renegade Garou: Is its addiotional strike mandatory?

Yes. Card text is pretty clear about this (the maneuver is explicitly optional).

Withdraw: If I withdraw, does my predator gain 0.5 VP?

No. Why would he?

Conditioning: If my Conditioning is DI'd, can I play Bonding?

Yes. The ruling is that the Conditioning is played, but not resolved. Since it doesn't resolve, its card text that would disallow the bonding doesn't kick in.

Can I attempt to block twice with the same minion (I attempt a first time, fail due to a lack of intercept, attempt with another minion, fail, but in the meantime got cards for the first one)?

Sure. Unless of course there was a Faceless Night or a block fails involved.

Fizzle: Do I have to pay the cost of an action that would fizzle (missing blood to pay for the action card)?

Yes, you pay as much as you can.

Bahari: If I banish a Bahari, and he comes back, is he still Bahari?

Banishment card text: the Bahari counter stays.

Shepherd's Innocence: Is it a D action against those who control an appropriate ally / retainer?

Yes. It's not Magic where the "all" clause goes around cards that can't be targeted. If it targets you or something you control, it's a D action.

Goratrix: Can he steal life from allies?

Yes he can. His special text is worded exactly the same as Theft of Vitae and you can steal life with that just fine. It should really say "blood or life" on the card though, because as it stands it's a ruling that overruled game mechanics.

FBI: FBI is in play, my ally would burn and I play Left for Dead. Does FBI trigger?

No. Left for Dead's card text is pretty clear. "The ally is not burned".

Temptation: Can Shalmath use his untap ability as he is stolen by Temptation?

No he can't. There is no "stack" in VTES. When I steal you with Temptation's counters there is no window to react in as there is no "my card gets stolen" window by default. (Diamond Thunderbolt creates such a window though)

Shalmath's new controller can use the ability just fine, of course.

Lutz: Does Lutz's ability trigger on a successfilly passing referendum?

It's right there on the card. "your prey burns a pool each time the referendum of a political action passes."

Tangle Atropo's Hand: At basic potence, can I perform the same action ?

Yes you can. The action is cancelled and NRA only triggers on succesfull actions (similar to how DI works).

Abactor: Can I tap Heidelberg Castle before the blood hunt and after gaining the blood from successful Abactor?

Heidelberg: "Cannot be used during an action". Since the bloodhunt is part of the actions, this seems pretty clear. No you can't.

X Justcar: Can I play Gangrel Justicar if I control a Gangrel Justicar?

Yes. I believe the official loophole is that the current Gangrel Justicar has to give up his title before receiving the new one, but can still use his 3 votes in the referendum.

Year of Fortunes: I played a Year of Fortunes and chose someone else. Then I got ousted. Do they still get +1 handsize?

When you are ousted all cards you control leave play. So the quesion is, do you control the Year of Fortune. I personally think you don't, so it stays.

Anathema: I played Anathema on my prey's vampire. I then get ousted Does Anathema stay in play?

If the answer to the above is correct, then this one should follow the same ruling, so it stays. Of course, if the Year of Fortune goes, then Anathema goes as well by the same logic.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 13:34 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
27 Oct 2012 13:49 - 27 Oct 2012 13:50 #39822 by Pendargon
@ Izaak

I am not sure you are right about baltimore purge... would you then argue that a minion with secure heaven can be chosen for superior Tount the caged beast???

[ANI] Choose a ready vampire controlled by your predator and another controlled by your prey (not usable when only one other Methuselah is in the game). The chosen vampires enter combat. If only one is ready at the end of that combat, he or she gains 4 blood.

Also, i understood that new controler of the temptationed shalmath asks weather he can untap him by his card text, my abd...

Also, imho, year of fortune is different than anathema :

Anathema is put ON ANOTHER VAMPIRE. And since it is not a master card, now that methusaleh controls it.

Year of fortune is "put in play", and as you put it, i would argue that youa re the controler, and it goes with you. I can see reasoning otherwise tho

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 13:50 by Pendargon.

More
27 Oct 2012 13:55 - 27 Oct 2012 14:11 #39823 by Izaak
I think it's different.

Baltimore Purge puts the card in play. This is not a (D) action, since it doesn't target anything. Then during your untap phase, Baltimore Purge's effect triggers, which makes you choose vampires. I don't see anything in Secure Haven's card text that would disallow this. You can choose a Secure Haven'd vampire as target for a Banishment too, so why not for Baltimore Purge?

With Taunt the Caged Beast I'm not so sure. The superior version lacks the (D) symbol (which the inferior has) which makes me believe it's not intended as a (D) action and therefore Secure Haven should not protect against it.

Then again, I also believe you have to choose the targets as you announce the action and IIRC there is a ruling that says that choosing something is the same as targeting it, so that turns the superior into a (D) action which Secure Haven protects against.

That said, just from the two card texts I'd argue that you can choose a Secure Haven'd vampire with Taunt the Cages beast at ANI, yes.

Anathema is put ON ANOTHER VAMPIRE. And since it is not a master card, now that methusaleh controls it.

Year of fortune is "put in play", and as you put it, i would argue that youa re the controler, and it goes with you. I can see reasoning otherwise tho

It seems minion cards that are put "into play" are by default controlled by the person who played it:

The same question for Rumors of Gehenna.

Therefore the Year of Fortune goes.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 14:11 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds