file Psyche + Yawp Court

20 Nov 2012 14:47 #41277 by Tomas
Replied by Tomas on topic Re: Psyche + Yawp Court

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand, but why would there then be a referendum after the second combat that is not initiated by Yawp Court?

The real question is, why they wouldn't be one ?

Yawp Court
Type: Master

Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
When a political action is successful, before the referendum, tap this card and a ready untapped Sabbat vampire you control to have that vampire enter combat with the acting vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal.

The card states specifically "If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal." And the answers from this various members as I interpret them is that the 2 damage is just dealt once since this relates to yawp court as a card, but the card also states that after those two dmg is dealt there should be a referendum.

And the answers given here states that after the first combat the sabbat vampire that entered combat via Yawp court is dealt two damage and then you can have X amount of following combats and then after those you have the referendum.

I have a hard time getting this from the card text. I would be grateful if someone could explain why this is so.

I assume there will still be a referendum if the acting vampire goes to torpor during any but the initial combat.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2012 15:30 #41279 by Boris The Blade

I assume there will still be a referendum if the acting vampire goes to torpor during any but the initial combat.

Eliminating the acting minion ends the action. Yawp Court does not even say that the referendum is cancelled if the acting vampire goes to torpor in the first combat, because that is not necessary. No acting minion => no action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomas

More
20 Nov 2012 15:43 - 20 Nov 2012 15:44 #41280 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Psyche + Yawp Court

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand, but why would there then be a referendum after the second combat that is not initiated by Yawp Court?

The real question is, why they wouldn't be one ?

Yawp Court
Type: Master

Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
When a political action is successful, before the referendum, tap this card and a ready untapped Sabbat vampire you control to have that vampire enter combat with the acting vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal.

The card states specifically "If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal." And the answers from this various members as I interpret them is that the 2 damage is just dealt once since this relates to yawp court as a card, but the card also states that after those two dmg is dealt there should be a referendum.

I agree that the card is not very clear about the Psyche! interaction.

Yawp Court inserts a combat before the referendum.
Psyche! starts a new combat right after the current one ends, but the referendum is still pending.

It has been ruled that the 2 damage are dealt after the first combat, and since you can't conduct a referendum and fight at the same time, the additional combat(s) take place before the referendum is conducted.

If the acting minion is no longer ready when the referendum should be conducted, the action ends.

But anyway, yes, if the acting minion is not ready, the action ends
(so, in the case of Yawp Court, the referendum would not be conducted).

Reference

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 20 Nov 2012 15:44 by Ankha.

More
21 Nov 2012 08:01 #41323 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers from Ankha.

- Psyche! can be played by a combattant in a Yawp Court combat.
- The non-acting minion takes Yawp Court's 2 damage after the Yawp Court combat (and before any Psyche! / Illusions of the Kindred / Blissful Agony combats) if conditions are met.
- If Psyche! / Illusions of the kindred / Blissful Agony is played, only the Vampire chosen for Yawp Court takes the 2 damage (if other conditions are met).
- After all combats are over, if the acting minion is still ready, the referendum is conducted.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds