file Can I put Infernal Pact on Vidal Jarbeaux ?

10 Jan 2013 11:38 #43869 by Dr.Mafrune

Vidal's text allows for playing master cards too.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/a6a6bb99867a3443?hl=en&noredirect=true&pli=1

So, reading this source and connecting this with what Ankha said about playing a card is an unitary can we say that you definitely can play an infernal pact on Vidal Jarbeaux ?

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2013 12:48 #43870 by Cyrus

Vidal's text allows for playing master cards too.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/a6a6bb99867a3443?hl=en&noredirect=true&pli=1

So, reading this source and connecting this with what Ankha said about playing a card is an unitary can we say that you definitely can play an infernal pact on Vidal Jarbeaux ?

Looks like it, might want to wait for Mr B to come back though. Personally I found the discussion about 'traits' not currently on minions very interesting (e.g. govenment or inconnu).

More
10 Jan 2013 12:57 #43871 by Ohlmann

Looks like it, might want to wait for Mr B to come back though. Personally I found the discussion about 'traits' not currently on minions very interesting (e.g. govenment or inconnu).

Was John Flouroy a rule reference ? I don't see LSJ confirming what he say, and floppy wasn't rule lawyer back then.

It's not that I inherently don't trust him. It's just that, not knowing who he is, I have no reason to put his reasonment above the one from Ankha.

More
10 Jan 2013 13:12 - 10 Jan 2013 13:14 #43872 by Izaak
Uh?

LSJ says in that thread:

If his controller wants to play a card that requires <blah>, "Vidal can meet the requirement to play [that] card."

That seems quite clear, no?

He then also goes on to note that Kemintiri works different because she's worded different and that this is intended.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 13:14 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
10 Jan 2013 13:26 - 10 Jan 2013 13:28 #43873 by Ohlmann

That seems quite clear, no?

No, but I can take your word for it if it's english comprehension. Especially since, I already misread the conversation to understand "Kemintiri, like Jarbeaux, cannot be used to play master requiring ventrue".

Edit : also, it mean that Mata Hari could be rewrited from :

You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect and/or clan.

to

Mata Hari may play cards that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect and/or clan.

so that there is no ambiguity on whether she work differently from Jarbeaux or not.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 13:28 by Ohlmann.

More
10 Jan 2013 13:37 #43875 by wesile
Jarbeaux can use only one of the abilities. You can always use mata hari to play cards that require Ventrue, Baali, or else. Jarbeaux can only play one of the cards for each trait.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds