file Stacking Spying Missions

26 Sep 2013 23:51 #54415 by self biased

Burning two Spying Missions already in play does not violate the prohibition again playing two of the same action modifiers during an action.

you should have been more specific in your question, Robert Scythe. not trying to be all accusatory or judgmental, but the more specific question asked is the better answer given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2013 01:54 #54416 by the1andonlime
I thought the question was pretty clear.

Stack = Have more than 1
Trigger = Activate the effects of
Play = Play

Given the question was
"Can a vampire stack multiple Spying Missions versus the same Methuselah?" (emphasis mine),
and not
"Can a vampire trigger multiple Spying Missions versus the same Methuselah?" or
"Can a vampire play multiple Spying Missions versus the same Methuselah?", I didn't find it misleading (neither did a-e, it would seem).

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
27 Sep 2013 02:51 #54417 by brandonsantacruz

Can a vampire stack multiple Spying Missions versus the same Methuselah?

The Swedes apparently don't know how Spying Mission works, but they do have a thing or two to teach us about harring....

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
27 Sep 2013 05:21 #54420 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Stacking Spying Missions
Herring?

Spying mission, not so popular card around here. You want the table to die, just pack more conditioning.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
27 Sep 2013 05:59 #54422 by jamesatzephyr

Herring?

Spying mission, not so popular card around here. You want the table to die, just pack more conditioning.

Sometimes, you're not playing Dominate.

But also, Spying Mission has a sometimes-popular niche for 'responsible stealth and bleed'. Some players massively don't want to bleed their prey, jack it up with stealth and +bleed, and then get bounced to their grand-prey and do them serious damage.

Enter Spying Mission. Bounce me to my grand-prey, and I'll stall the bleed with Spying Mission. I don't bleed my grand-prey now, and I do store up +2 bleed for a later bleed action (hopefully when that Methuselah is my actual prey).

Other players will just say "Hey, that happens on one table in a tournament, I'm fine on the other(s), most likely." Or use other tech, such as hand inspection/discarding (e.g. Revelations), or action cancellers like Tangle Atropos' Hand, or whatever.

More
27 Sep 2013 07:49 #54426 by Lönkka

The Swedes apparently don't know how Spying Mission works, but they do have a thing or two to teach us about herring....

I thought it was the majestic moose, not herring... :huh:

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds