file De Sade vs Kindred Coercion

07 Oct 2013 14:39 #54892 by jozxyqk

Surely Cardano now attempts to vote against (to fulfill Astrid's text), attempts to burn a blood, fails and his votes abstain.

I don't think anything is sure until Ze Dolfin has spoken.

It's a unique situation because it's the first effect (that I can find; correct me if I'm wrong) in the game that forces vampires to burn blood to cast votes one way or the other, which is especially unusual because votes can change multiple times before votes are tallied.
(For example, multiple vampires could theoretically play superior Kindred Coercion, yanking votes of certain vampires back and forth).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2013 15:12 #54894 by jozxyqk
I have found one similar situation, and I don't think the question has ever been asked.

Kay'tall gets +1 stealth on political actions. Vampires with corruption counters cannot cast votes or ballots against any referendums called by Khay'tall.

So this situation has been potentially possible for years and years:
Khay'tall calls a vote.
Astrid votes against.
Cardano has a corruption counter and votes in favor.

I don't know for sure what the answer will be, but it is the closest parallel I could find.

(Side Note: Khay'tall's name is really misspelled as "Kay'tall" in the CSV, as quoted above; you might want to fix that while you have the hood open)

More
08 Oct 2013 04:00 #54906 by Ankha

De Sade calls a vote.
His prey's Sir Walter Nash, with zero blood, votes in favor.
A third vampire plays superior Kindred Coercion, attempting to change Sir Walter Nash's votes.

Since Sir Walter Nash would have to burn 1 blood to vote against and can't, his votes can't be changed (Kindred Coercion can make him abstain, though).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Oct 2013 08:49 - 08 Oct 2013 08:50 #54932 by Pascal Bertrand

De Sade calls a vote.
His prey's Sir Walter Nash, with zero blood, votes in favor.
A third vampire plays superior Kindred Coercion, attempting to change Sir Walter Nash's votes.

What happens? Does Nash successfully vote against? Does he abstain? Or is he immune to being targeted, so his votes are still in favor?

No effect can cause a vampire with 0 blood to vote against a referendum called by De Sade.
In this example, Nash doesn't cast votes against, and abstains, unless the Methuselah playing Kindred Coercion wants him to cast votes in favor.

De Sade calls a vote.
His prey controls Astrid Thomas (with blood) and Cardano (with zero blood).
Cardano votes in favor.
Astrid burns a blood to vote against.

What happens to Cardano's votes?

Nothing. He cannot cast votes against, because he cannot burn the blood to cast votes against. So he remains as he was: casting votes in favor.

So this situation has been potentially possible for years and years:
Khay'tall calls a vote.
Astrid votes against.
Cardano has a corruption counter and votes in favor.

Cardano's votes aren't changed.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 08:50 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jozxyqk

More
08 Oct 2013 09:50 #54940 by jozxyqk
Just one related question:
If a vampire plays Superior Kindred Coercion, can he choose target-by-target whether each vampire will abstain, vote in favor, or vote against?
Or must he choose a single allegiance for all targets?

(That is, in the original example, could he choose "abstain" for Sir Walter Nash, and "vote against" for Timothy Crowley who had blood?)

More
08 Oct 2013 13:17 #54951 by Ankha

Just one related question:
If a vampire plays Superior Kindred Coercion, can he choose target-by-target whether each vampire will abstain, vote in favor, or vote against?
Or must he choose a single allegiance for all targets?

(That is, in the original example, could he choose "abstain" for Sir Walter Nash, and "vote against" for Timothy Crowley who had blood?)

You choose how each vampire is affected.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds