file Santaleous questions

05 Jan 2014 10:19 - 05 Jan 2014 10:21 #58209 by Miasmat
Santaleous questions was created by Miasmat

Santaleous
Camarilla: Santaleous gets +1 bleed for each unique hunting ground in play. He may burn 3 blood to cancel a master card as it is played.

1) I declare a Minion Tap for all of Santaleous' blood, and someone Sudden Reversals it, if I use Santaleous' power to cancel the Sudden, how much blood do I get from the Minion Tap? Does the Minion Tap fizzle because the declared terms can't be satisfied?

2) Does Santaleous get +1 bleed for each Trophy: Hunting Ground I have in play, even if they haven't been moved to a vampire for burning a Red List minion?

Trophy: Hunting Ground
Master. Trophy. Hunting ground.
During your untap phase, the vampire with this card gains 2 blood from the blood bank. A vampire can gain blood from only one hunting ground card each turn.

From the Rulebook 1.6.2.3:

A trophy may be put into play using a master phase action (or can be retrieved as listed under "Red List" in section 11). It has no effect until it is moved to a vampire.

Last edit: 05 Jan 2014 10:21 by Miasmat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2014 11:13 #58211 by dessu
Replied by dessu on topic Re: Santaleous questions
2) Trophy: Hunting ground is not unique, so Santaleous won't get +1 bleed for those.

More
05 Jan 2014 12:54 #58212 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Santaleous questions
1) The Minion Tap still succeeds, and you take what you can.
It's the same as, for example, playing superior Theft of Vitae when the opposing minion ends up with only 1 blood before strike resolution.

More
05 Jan 2014 16:37 #58217 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: Santaleous questions

2) Trophy: Hunting ground is not unique, so Santaleous won't get +1 bleed for those.

Doh, yeah, I shoulda caught that. Thanks.

More
06 Jan 2014 10:02 #58237 by jamesatzephyr

It's the same as, for example, playing superior Theft of Vitae when the opposing minion ends up with only 1 blood before strike resolution.

Or to draw a more obvious parallel, playing Villein for 2 blood (the mandatory minimum) on a vampire who has only 1 blood. Which is allowed and will take the 1 remaining blood.

More
06 Jan 2014 13:33 #58251 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Santaleous questions

Or to draw a more obvious parallel, playing Villein for 2 blood (the mandatory minimum) on a vampire who has only 1 blood. Which is allowed and will take the 1 remaining blood.

I chose my example as something that could reasonably happen more often where the target of an effect has less blood than when the effect was announced.
The Villein example isn't really different from the Minion Tap example where the original question is concerned. That's all.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds