file Re: Blood to Water clarification

16 Apr 2014 11:07 - 16 Apr 2014 11:09 #61050 by Azog
HI,

When can Blood to Water be played and when does the oposite minion burns the blood?

"
blood to water
Only usable at close range, before strike resolution. Not usable during the first round of combat.
Inferior - If the opposing minion is an ally, he or she is burned. Otherwise, the opposing vampire burns 3 blood.
Superior - Opposing vampire burns 5 blood.
"

1st - Blood to Water states that it can only be used at close range and must be used before strike resolution so, it must be played during the strike selection step.
2nd - By the rules the ative minion selects his strike 1st.

This means that:
- If the ative minion plays BtW before he chooses his strike the oposing minion will have to burn his blood before he can choose he's strike?
- Can the oposing minion play BtW before the ative minion selects his strike forcing the ative minion to burn blood before he is able to choose his strike?

The other point of the question is, BtW is not a strike and it states that it mus be played before strike resolution. However it does not say when the oposing minion should burn the blood.
- Is the blood burned during the select strike step or during the strike resolution step?
Last edit: 16 Apr 2014 11:09 by Azog. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2014 13:00 - 16 Apr 2014 13:02 #61053 by alek

The other point of the question is, BtW is not a strike and it states that it mus be played before strike resolution. However it does not say when the oposing minion should burn the blood.

immediatelly, after the card is played
Last edit: 16 Apr 2014 13:02 by alek.

More
16 Apr 2014 22:44 #61076 by ReverendRevolver
After range is established, the impulse passes from acting to non acting methuselah, juat as in any instance of cards and sequences. Same window as grapple is played, Btw is.

The above answer from Alek should clear up the question. So, if you BtW an imbued, they cant burn a strike with conviction for a strike, and you car earth meld or whatever, as combats done when the ally burns.

Unless they have ruah counters from masochism, or an untapped corporeal resivoir, an empty vamp cant play a strike costing blood they dont have, period. And BtW happens before they can chose strikes, as stated.

Fun card. Wish i had more uses for it, but Petaniqua is the only non potemce close range thaum superstar i feel is worth the effort of building with. And She has loads of awesome to compensate for no amswer to sce (well, blessings of chaos, but that wont stop earth meld or flash grenades.....)

More
17 Apr 2014 09:30 - 17 Apr 2014 09:31 #61084 by jamesatzephyr

Unless they have ruah counters from masochism, or an untapped corporeal resivoir, an empty vamp cant play a strike costing blood they dont have,

Given that you're including Masochism in there and it reduces the cost of the card:
Whenever this vampire plays a card, you may remove X rush counters from this card to reduce that card's blood cost by X.
...there are a variety of other ways of achieving a cost reduction. For example:

Ankara Citadel: "Cards that cost blood cost this vampire half as much blood to play (round down)."
Textbook Damnation: "Cards that require Daimoinon [dai] cost this vampire 2 less blood. "
Inner Essence: "Once this combat, this vampire can reduce the cost to play a combat card by 1 blood."
Succulent Vitae: "When this vampire plays a card that requires Quietus [qui] , he or she may burn this card to reduce the cost of that card by 1 blood."
Nergal: "Once each turn, Nergal may reduce the cost of a card he plays by one blood."
Meshenka: "Cards that require Vicissitude [vic] cost Meshenka one less blood."
Miller Delmardigan: "Cards that require Celerity [cel] cost Miller one less blood. +1 strength."
Marconius: "Cards requiring Mytherceria [myt] cost Marconius 1 less blood."
(And a host of similar "1 less" vampires.)

Also:

Dragos: "Dragos does not have to burn blood to pay the cost of combat cards he plays."

And in the case of Corporal Reservoir, you have the blood when you play the card. That is, you tap Corporal Reservoir first, then play the card. So it's not a special case letting you play cards when empty.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2014 09:31 by jamesatzephyr.

More
17 Apr 2014 09:33 #61085 by Lemminkäinen

Fun card. Wish i had more uses for it, but Petaniqua is the only non potemce close range thaum superstar i feel is worth the effort of building with. And She has loads of awesome to compensate for no amswer to sce (well, blessings of chaos, but that wont stop earth meld or flash grenades.....)

Evil Eye is the ultimate answer to S:CE.

More
18 Apr 2014 04:28 #61097 by ReverendRevolver

Evil Eye is the ultimate answer to S:CE.

I agree, but in practice, Petaniqua combat was clunky with psuedo disciplines when i tried. Really funny though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds