file Multiple Dual Forms?

28 Apr 2014 13:59 - 28 Apr 2014 14:06 #61622 by yesferatu
Hey guys, I apologize is this covered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
So...let's say I have 1 Copy of Stanislava.
If she plays 1 dual form to clone herself, I understand that if either leaves the region, the other burns.

So...if there are now 2 in play, and Stanislava AND the clone both play another, there are now four 9-caps in play. How does that work if any of them leave the ready region?
If any of them burn, do they all burn? Does the burn clause cascade?
Last edit: 28 Apr 2014 14:06 by yesferatu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2014 14:20 #61623 by jamesatzephyr

Hey guys, I apologize is this covered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/56710-about-dual-form-and-its-chaining has several detailed examples.

So...if there are now 2 in play, and Stanislava AND the clone both play another, there are now four 9-caps in play. How does that work if any of them leave the ready region?

The first leaves the ready region (which might be burning, and might be torporing). Then all the others burn, in sequence, wherever they are in the "family tree" of clones.

So if one of the vampires go to torpor, that vampire will stay in torpor and the others will burn.

If one of the vampires is burned, that vampire will burn and so will all of the others.

More
28 Apr 2014 14:37 #61625 by yesferatu
Replied by yesferatu on topic Re: Multiple Dual Forms?
Thanks. Wanted to make sure - in writing.

More
28 Apr 2014 17:59 #61634 by ReverendRevolver
Just for giggles......

If 4 "slava" copies are in play, and either i get 2 hit by enough shattering crescendo damage to go to torpor, or multiple purges go off, 2 go to the dirt, the other 2 burn, right?

More
28 Apr 2014 18:31 #61636 by jamesatzephyr

If 4 "slava" copies are in play, and either i get 2 hit by enough shattering crescendo damage to go to torpor, or multiple purges go off, 2 go to the dirt, the other 2 burn, right?

Baltimore Purge? They don't go off simultaneously. You have multiple "During your untap phase..." effects to order, and you do one, handle that. Then do another. Amongst other things, this means that if you have only one vampire who is a Lasombra with a Renewed Vigor ([for]) on them, you can:

- do Baltimore Purge 1
- use Renewed Vigor to come back to the ready region (it's another "During your untap phase..." effect)
- do Baltimore Purge 2, and since you have a ready Lasombra, you get to choose the targets.

In the Shattering Crescendo case, [LSJ 20050508]

> What happens if a Dual Formed vampire and its creator go to torpor at
> the same time (say by Edged Illusion). Does the controller get to
> choose which one burns? Do they both burn? If you get to choose what if
> they are controlled by different Methuselahs?

The controller chooses which one is burned.

They are not both burned (no loop-back).

If they are controlled by different Methuselahs, then 1.6.1.5 means
that the controller who is first clockwise from the acting Methuselah
chooses.

More
28 Apr 2014 23:16 #61642 by Juggernaut1981
James,
I think what RevRev means... "What if Stanislava has 3 Dual Form copies in play and someone plays Shattering Crescendo/Edged Illusion and torpors more than one copy?"

RevRev,
I'd be suggesting that you have to resolve the torpors and choose an order for resolving the "Go to Torpors" and so you get to keep one and lose the rest.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds