file Multiple Dual Forms?

29 Apr 2014 04:45 - 29 Apr 2014 04:46 #61650 by jamesatzephyr

James,
I think what RevRev means... "What if Stanislava has 3 Dual Form copies in play and someone plays Shattering Crescendo/Edged Illusion and torpors more than one copy?"

It works the same way as in the cited ruling. You handle one of them first, and there is no loopback.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2014 04:46 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2014 12:44 - 29 Apr 2014 12:48 #61653 by ReverendRevolver

James,
I think what RevRev means... "What if Stanislava has 3 Dual Form copies in play and someone plays Shattering Crescendo/Edged Illusion and torpors more than one copy?"

It works the same way as in the cited ruling. You handle one of them first, and there is no loopback.

Basically:

Purge- one purge happens at a time, so i cant try to bypass losing a "real" vampire by selecting two dual form vamps (assuming its not lke Lucita and Moncoda purging, eliminating choice...). Bsaically, i have Slava with an abombwe skill card dual form, then dual form and i control Ingrid. When 2 purges go off, i wither chosexingrid first then lose all but one slava second, or i lose all but one slava then ingrid. Either way, i have 3 toasted 4 caps, ome in torpor, and a torpid prince.

Shatrering crsecendo- if they are redundant enough to choose a pair of DF vamps, i pick who goes to the dirt "first"and the other cooks, assuming i control both.

Also, if the origional carded copy os the one hitting the dirt, i can banish/peace of blahblahblah it and it will return (assuming of course i can afford it) and the same is not true of the DF copy?

Ive never used DF because frankly having to avoid torpor like the plague while only getting the disciplines, clan, and half capacity (not special abilities) made anything really cool not worth it (like unnamed bloating multirush crazyness ;) )
Last edit: 29 Apr 2014 12:48 by ReverendRevolver.

More
29 Apr 2014 13:37 #61655 by jamesatzephyr

When 2 purges go off,

2 Baltimore Purges don't go off simultaneously. One goes off. You handle that, and all the knock-on effects (like burning pool for Fame, or whatever). Then you can sequence in another "During your untap phase" effect, such as the next Purge.

Shatrering crsecendo- if they are redundant enough to choose a pair of DF vamps, i pick who goes to the dirt "first"and the other cooks, assuming i control both.

Sure. As in the Edged Illusion, it's pretty clear that if a vampire is hitting torpor from Edged Illusion (or some other similar effect) while also being hit by a Dual Form burn effect, it doesn't loop back. So you have A, B and C. A is the 'real' vampire. B and C are the fake vampires, both created by A.

B and C both take damage from Edged Illusion and go to torpor. So let's say we handle B first.

B goes to torpor, so A is burned, by the text of the A+B dual form. A's unreadying does not loopback to B.

A is leaving the ready region, so C burns. (A+C Dual Form text.) That doesn't loop back to A, using the same logic as the Edged Illusion ruling - C is hit by going to torpor from damage and burning from DF, but no loopback.

Also, if the origional carded copy os the one hitting the dirt, i can banish/peace of blahblahblah it and it will return (assuming of course i can afford it) and the same is not true of the DF copy?

No? The DF vampire is a real vampire (just not a crypt card). It's treated the same way as an Embrace vampire. Embraces can be Banished and brought back. So can other library-card-created-vampires.

[LSJ 20060522]

Greg wrote:
> Yafka wrote:
> > If Catlin plays a Dual Form to make a copy of herself. And then later
> > a Banishment is successfully called on the Dual Form -- Catlin burns,
> > but is the Dual Form considered a Vampire or an Action Card when it is
> > out of play? Does it go to the ash heap or the uncontrolled region?
>
> Banishment specifically states that it goes into the Uncontrolled
> Region. It is treated as a vampire until it enters the Ash Heap.

Correct. Like Banished Embraces.

Ive never used DF because frankly having to avoid torpor like the plague while only getting the disciplines, clan, and half capacity (not special abilities)

It doesn't have half the capacity.
This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in play, tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan, capacity and Disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2 blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves the ready region, the other is burned.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds