Sleeping mind vs wakes
We had an argument over some cards and we were looking for some wisdom. I looked for answers on the forum but did not find anything. Sorry if it is the case.
A. Sleeping mind vs wake with evening freshness
Only usable when the action is announced.
(dom) Choose a tapped vampire. He or she cannot attempt to block this action.
(DOM) Minions cannot untap during this action.
Wake with evening freshness
Do not replace until your next untap phase.
Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can play reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the current action is concluded.
Is there a difference between "being untapped" (that minions cannot do at superior DOM with sleeping mind) and "as though untapped" which technically is not untapped? In other words, can I use WwEF vs Sleeping Mind at superior?
Cards like Second Tradition, Eluding the Arms of Morpheus or Black Sunrise can not be played as they state "This vampire untaps" and actually untap the vampire.
I believe Sleeping Mind would also prevent vampires playing Majesty at superior.
Cards that untap a vampire cannot be played at all.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- superior Majesty (but you can play basic Majesty)
- Freak Drive (inf and sup)
- Second Tradition (to untap -- you can still play it with a tapped Prince who played WwEF earlier)
- Cats' Guidance (sup)
- Sense the Savage Way (sup)
- Meld wth the Land (at basic)
- Angel of Berlin (to untap -- you can still play it to equip the imbued)
- Read the Winds (at superior)
Things that can be played / used:
- Wake with Evening's Freshness (and other cards that read "as though/as if untapped")
- Read the Winds (at inferior)
- Second Tradition (with an untapped Prince, or with a Prince who played WwEF, to only gain intercept)
- No Secrets from the Magaji
- Tapping 3 Aye (and burning a blood) with Aye's cardtext
- Blocking a younger vampire with Durga Syn
However, sometimes, a mandatory untap is written:
- When bleeding with Flurry of Action sup + Sleeping Mind, the vampire won't untap.