file Sleeping mind vs wakes

03 Jul 2015 13:07 #71933 by jamesatzephyr

Cannot be played at all, or can be played to no effect?

For cards that actually untap you, you can't play them (for that effect) because "minions cannot untap during this action".

If you've already played a card that would untap you later, but you played it prior to the Sleeping Mind being played, the untap effect will fizzle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prudent_Audacity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2015 22:17 #71938 by Prudent_Audacity
Thank you for your valuable insights.

Is it me or playing Sleeping Mind can be at your own disadvantage and is not worth the blood cost?

I was looking for a way to "block" wakes/forced awakening/on the qui vive, and I thought that Sleeping Mind was the answer I was looking for.

P.S. I am curious, Pascal... do you know that by heart? If not, what kind of tools do you use to get that knowledge?

More
04 Jul 2015 03:02 #71942 by Pascal Bertrand
This list of cards was written from thé top of my head. It is not complete, but I know it "by heart" (from practice).

More
04 Jul 2015 03:51 #71943 by jamesatzephyr

Is it me or playing Sleeping Mind can be at your own disadvantage and is not worth the blood cost?

Well, it could be. If you're playing a deck with a whole bunch of Freak Drives or hoping to use superior Majesty a lot, you probably won't want to play superior Sleeping Mind a lot. Having a few in the deck might still be worthwhile as an option, though - in part, the inferior is quite good, and you might find you want to play it at superior anyway, for some reason.

But not all decks play untap like that much at all - weenie dom/DOM is unlikely to be untapping much, for example. Or a Tremere deck might include Rutor's Hand, and the untap from Rutor's Hand doesn't need to untap you during the action, so you could do both.

I was looking for a way to "block" wakes/forced awakening/on the qui vive, and I thought that Sleeping Mind was the answer I was looking for.

If you're looking to stop a player using a Wake in order to block you, inferior Sleeping Mind is still quite good - whether he wakes or untaps, he can't block you. Together with Seduction, you can potentially take out two would-be blockers. Toss in a Misdirection and/or an Anarch Troublemaker into a deck and you can make life quite uncomfortable for would-be blockers.

Of course, if the reason you want to stop the Wake is to stop a vampire playing bleed bounce (e.g. Deflection) then neither Sleeping Mind or Seduction will help you with that. You might find a few Approximation of Loyalty to be an interesting way of addressing that - certainly not the best card ever, but potentially interesting in small quantities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prudent_Audacity

More
04 Jul 2015 16:08 #71945 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Sleeping mind vs wakes
pascal, in your list, I think you meant inferior cats' guidance, not superior which is just +1 int? :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds