file EC - List of calls to the judge

02 Sep 2015 08:29 #72878 by drnlmza

How does this work? Seeds of Corruptions says "he or she burns 1 additional blood when attempting an action" (or 2 or 3, the amount does not matter here).

So in this case, doesn't the Seeds first burn all the blood from the vampire, leaving it at zero, which would make the action automatically fizzle? What am I missing here?

It fizles if the action reaches resolution unblocked. The action might still be blocked (although situations where this would occur are arguably limited)

I beliee the point is that it is legal to attempt the action, even though it will fizzle. If the vampire has been targetted by some effect that increased the cost (vampire with only inferior dominate and Kuta, for example), then would not be legal, as you cannot attempt an action you cannot pay the cost of when you announce the action.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2015 09:00 - 02 Sep 2015 09:01 #72880 by PetriWessman

It fizles if the action reaches resolution unblocked. The action might still be blocked (although situations where this would occur are arguably limited)

I beliee the point is that it is legal to attempt the action, even though it will fizzle.

Ah, right. That makes sense. Sure, attempting the action is quite legal (but it's of course guaranteed to fail :).
Last edit: 02 Sep 2015 09:01 by PetriWessman.

More
02 Sep 2015 09:41 #72881 by Ankha

I beliee the point is that it is legal to attempt the action, even though it will fizzle.

Ah, right. That makes sense. Sure, attempting the action is quite legal (but it's of course guaranteed to fail :).

That vampire with 1 blood before announcing the action could tap a Coven during the action (after burning the blood for SoC) to make it succeed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

More
02 Sep 2015 18:56 #72886 by AaronC

Can I play Cats' Guidance after a block in which I have been sent to torpor with Coma?
Yes (cardtext)

Vampires can play reaction cards while in torpor?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLave

More
03 Sep 2015 04:06 #72891 by Ankha

Can I play Cats' Guidance after a block in which I have been sent to torpor with Coma?
Yes (cardtext)

Vampires can play reaction cards while in torpor?

No, you're correct. Action modifiers can be played (such as a Freak Drive after the vampire has been to torpor), not reactions. I'll fix the original answer.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLave

More
03 Sep 2015 12:51 #72903 by wesile
Clarification on this...

Ashur Tablets: Do I have to show the card that goes in my hand?
Yes (rules)

If a vampire who played Sensory Deprivation is banished and comes back, is the SD still active?
No (cardtext)

Banishment:
Choose a younger ready vampire. Successful referendum means that the chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). The vampire is uncontrolled. Any cards and counters on that vampire stay with him or her (but they are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Sensory Deprivation
[chi] (D) Burn any retainer or put this card on any ally. The minion with this card does not untap as normal during the untap phase as long as the acting vampire remains in play.
[CHI] As above, but put this card on any vampire in play.

Thanks

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds