file Toreador Grand Ball/Mask of 1000 Faces

30 Sep 2015 10:23 #73449 by Brum
And does the second vampire's action is unblockable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2015 15:24 #73454 by Kushiel
Thanks, Pascal. Sorry this turned out to be such a headache - certainly not what I was expecting when I first asked the question.

Presumably this also applies to Nakhthorheb and Mask? I ask because your reversal specifies "non-bleed actions," but Nakh's text does not.

More
30 Sep 2015 15:26 #73455 by Kushiel

Technically, no. But that doesn't matter - the whole point of doing this is to ask all other players to decline blocks while the TGB'd vampire is acting, and then play Mask. The decision not to block is binding (unless bounce is played), and that still applies after you play Mask.

More
30 Sep 2015 15:30 #73456 by Pascal Bertrand

No. But if you're smart enough, you play the Mask after the other players declined declaring block attempts.

Presumably this also applies to Nakhthorheb and Mask?

Correct. And to Aisling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, wesile

More
25 Nov 2015 20:31 - 25 Nov 2015 20:33 #74539 by AaronC
The more I think about it, the more I think that action modifiers should not carry on to the Masked vampire. That would eliminate the need for the current two-dozen-or-so current rulings.

The text of Mo1KF assumes that action modifiers modify an action, when in fact most modify the acting vampire during the action. The term "action modifier" is imprecise: stealth and bleed are characteristics of a vampire, not an action. Lost in Crowds gives the acting vampire +1/+2 stealth; it doesn't give Govern the Unaligned +1/+2 stealth. Felicia Mostrom doesn't block Govern the Unaligned; she blocks Gilbert Duane (hopefully ;))

Based on this logic, there is no reason for action modifiers or effects to "carry over" from one minion to the next except a misinterpretation of the term "action modifier". Reactions aren't considered to modify the action, so I don't see why action modifiers would, either, other than the name. Action modifiers are simply cards playable by an acting vampire during an action, just as reaction cards are card playable by a reacting vampire during an action.

By removing this sentence: "Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire.", and understanding that action modifiers stay with the minion who played them, Mo1KF becomes much, much easier to manage.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2015 20:33 by AaronC.

More
26 Nov 2015 11:27 #74541 by Borrelstein
The phrase 'Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire' implies that you would need to test whether the 2 vampires could have been exchanged in the action without consequence.
If an effect (such as inherent stealth or TGB) causes a difference in options for the blocker, then Masking can not be played.
I believe that this is in accordance with the intended mechanics of the card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds