file Freshing up my memory on contesting

19 Oct 2015 22:10 #73754 by Juggernaut1981

So that implies that equipment and other cards on a contested vampire remain in play during the contest, and can be destroyed/stolen etc? Good to know!

Nope, the incoming Unique card checks if any player has one under contest or in play, and then responds.

So Igo has an Ivory Bow.
Igo gets contested, so his Ivory Bow "vanishes" into the contest.
Anson gets an Ivory Bow, but Anson's Ivory bow knows that Igo has an Ivory Bow. So Anson's Ivory Bow contests Igo's Ivory Bow.

While they are being contested other cards cannot target them because they are not in play. It is the same story as when cards "know" you've played that card this Turn/Game/Action (i.e. Cancelling Immortal Grapple).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2015 10:35 #73763 by Borrelstein
Well I know that the contested cards are out of play, but how about the non-contested cards like equipment or The Rack placed on a contested vamp?

More
20 Oct 2015 10:40 #73764 by Ankha

Well I know that the contested cards are out of play, but how about the non-contested cards like equipment

Equipment is put on the vampire, so it's out of play while the vampire is contested.

or The Rack placed on a contested vamp?

The Rack isn't "placed on" a vampire. It is put in play, and targets a vampire. If that vampire is contested, the Rack stays in play and doesn't give blood until the vampire returns in play or stolen.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
20 Oct 2015 16:18 #73773 by jamesatzephyr

Well I know that the contested cards are out of play, but how about the non-contested cards like equipment

Equipment is put on the vampire, so it's out of play while the vampire is contested

Citation: [RTR 1995-10-17]

1) If a minion becomes contested, that minion is considered out of play.
Any cards played on that minion are also considered out of play for all
purposes except contention. Any unique equipment, retainers, etc. on the
minion will be contested normally if other copies appear, even if other
copies are also on contested minions.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds