file Form of Mist: Unplayable as currently ruled?

22 Nov 2015 13:07 - 22 Nov 2015 13:09 #74507 by TwoRazorReign

Let's be honest for a moment : there is a rash of absolutely inane questions based on so strange interpretation of rules that, for someone who only go in the forum irregulary, it really look like thoses question are only trying to "corner" the rule guys for fun.

I can speak only for myself, but trying to "corner" the rules guys is not the intent. The intent is to suggest how to make the rulebook clearer. And let's be honest about something else: the rules guys, or the one in particular calling posters trolls, should not react by lumping all posters who express frustration with the rulebook as trolls. If you don't like the posts, don't respond. Or at least understand that the "troll" posts are not 100% serious questions. These are people making fun. Let's lighten up and not be so sensitive.

Now, your question look a lot more reasonable than the guy who seem to believe non-native english speaker are automatically incapable of answering questions.

That is one poster out of a handful. This poster was probably making fun of the rules. Big deal.

But still, your basic point is at best very strange, because it hinge on thinking that being in the middle of a block (during a combat) mean the blocked already ended.

It may be strange to you, but this is not exactly intuitive to somebody who doesn't fully understand how to play the game. Is it fair to call this poster a troll? No. Should we all grow up a little and realize we are talking about a card game and not take posts making "strange" points so seriously? Yes.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 13:09 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2015 16:54 - 22 Nov 2015 16:56 #74510 by Ankha

Let's be honest for a moment : there is a rash of absolutely inane questions based on so strange interpretation of rules that, for someone who only go in the forum irregulary, it really look like thoses question are only trying to "corner" the rule guys for fun.

I can speak only for myself, but trying to "corner" the rules guys is not the intent. The intent is to suggest how to make the rulebook clearer. And let's be honest about something else: the rules guys, or the one in particular calling posters trolls, should not react by lumping all posters who express frustration with the rulebook as trolls.

I had my moderator hat on at that time.
The troll I was designating was Jesper, but others apparently joined the fray.

We had contact since then, and here's the answer I made:

I'm glad to hear that. Nevertheless, the "Rules question" forum is dedicated to answering rules questions. Once the question has been answered, reopening the topic again and again is not constructive, and make it hard for people that looks for the answer to the original post to find what they want in 3 pages of endless discussion. I'll quote someone you agreed with:

I hang out on the rulesboard a lot and am happy about the clear and expansive responses provided by Ankha and James. For me personally it's a good answer. But for the person looking for it it's bad because it's a 12 post long topic that might or might not answer theirs and includes a lot of speculation and guesswork as well as the answer.

If you want to be constructive, create a new topic in the "Generic V:TES Discussion" section with a summary of points you'd like to see addressed. It's easier for the rule team to see what can be done, instead of browsing all posts to see the interesting points. Starting multiple fires in out-of-topic posts and playing the devil's advocate too long is assimilated to trolling and can't be constructive (I'm stressing that point because you look sincere).

If you don't like the posts, don't respond. Or at least understand that the "troll" posts are not 100% serious questions. These are people making fun. Let's lighten up and not be so sensitive.

It's not a fun I share. For the comfort of all users of the forums, moderator exist and moderate topic. That's what I do. I don't like living in trash, so I clean up the mess from times to times.

Honestly, the last four "hot" topics are not constructive (or at least the 1% of interesting arguments is lost in noise), and I'll certainly not look at them again.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 16:56 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds