file Wooden stake/ destroy equipment timing question

01 Feb 2016 20:28 - 01 Feb 2016 20:35 #75309 by Zombieking

Rulebook was staring me in the face....

"6.4.3. Strike"
[...]
"The effects of the strikes from both minions are resolved simultaneously"
[...]
"When a minion or retainer takes damage (either from a strike or from other means), he must burn blood or lose life, as appropriate (see Damage Resolution, sec. 6.4.6). Note that the effects of a strike are applied and then damage is resolved. This timing is important for some special strikes, such as steal blood (see Strike Effects, sec. 6.4.5)."
[...]

6.4.5. Strike Effects
[...]
"Destroy Equipment. This effect will burn an equipment card of the opposing minion. If there is more than one piece of equipment on the opposing minion, the striking minion chooses which one is burned. The equipment can still be used up to the point at which the destroy equipment strike resolves. The effect may specify destroy weapon instead of equipment, in which case a weapon must be chosen."

( Section 6 ).

Thanks for your input on this - that was slightly different to the way I was interpreting drstrange26's response - my brain is slowly melting!

So, just to make sure I have this clear now..

The stake deals it's damage and as a direct consequence sends the vampire to torpor.
Simultaneously, the stake is destroyed; therefore it cannot be transferred to the opposing minion.

Right?
Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 20:35 by Zombieking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2016 20:43 #75310 by chrisn101

my brain is slowly melting!

Don't worry - everyone's does sooner or later ;-)

So, just to make sure I have this clear now..

The stake deals it's damage and as a direct consequence sends the vampire to torpor.
Simultaneously, the stake is destroyed; therefore it cannot be transferred to the opposing minion.

Right?

Yep, that has always been my understanding, and the rules I've quoted appear to support this view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zombieking

More
02 Feb 2016 02:00 #75311 by Zombieking
Ace! Thanks to @chrisn101 & @drstrange26 for your help with this one :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds