file Reform Body & Amaranth

17 Dec 2018 15:37 #92426 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Reform Body & Amaranth
I have some question about Reform Body & Amaranth,but first want to ask for rules of Reform Body.

Reform Body,
Combat/Reaction,
Vicissitude

Only usable by a vampire that would be burned. Usable by a vampire in torpor. Usable by a locked vampire.
[vic] This vampire goes to torpor instead.
[VIC] As above, and this vampire gains 2 blood.

Amaranth,
Combat,

Only usable by a vampire who can commit diablerie when the opposing vampire would go to torpor. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor. Diablerize the opposing vampire instead.

1) So correct way to play Reform Body:if in combat vampire have 2 blood,and take 4 aggravated damage,need to be burned,first burn all blood to have,then play Reform Body and goes torpor(if have sup,gain also 2 blood),right?

2) If someone want to diablerie vampire,this vampire in torpor can play Reform Body without burn any blood,right? and action is counted as sucesful,acting vampire can play ac.mod. after sucesful action(or blood hunt need to be called)?

3) vampires A and B in combat,vampire B lose all blood and need to go in torpor. A vampire play Amaranth,if there exist window for Reform Body(and blood hunt)?

4) vampires A and B in combat,B need to be burned because take more aggravated damage. B vampire play Reform Body,if there window for Amaranth of vampire A?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2018 21:30 #92490 by ReverendRevolver
1. Yes. Math says you burn, so you can play RB, the rule where you burn is replaced by card saying you go to torpor instead. Gain 2 if @ :VIC:
2. Action is successful, so as a reaction you play RB, again, using its instead line to replace your burning. Diablery isn't successful. No stopping for bloodhunt, because it wasn't successful. So they can freak drive, yes.
3. Works, they amaranth, burning g is part of diablery, "Instead" line triggers, go to torpor.
4. Not sure. Probably, because you're going to torpor in combat. Like with the :thn: card. So I'm pretty sure you're a target. The other unknown is you can probably play RB again to replace the being burned part of diablery.
But not certain....

More
18 Dec 2018 22:25 #92491 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Reform Body & Amaranth
As per card text Lay low is played after the diablerie (I am assuming diablerie with amaranth here). Since Lay low is both a combat card and an action modifier, then the combat must - after the diablerie - have been resumed again, otherwise Lay low wouldn't be playable. Right? Or is Lay low a case of card text doing something contradictory to the rules?

Name: Lay Low
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Lackeyname: Kris

More
19 Dec 2018 15:33 #92510 by ReverendRevolver

As per card text Lay low is played after the diablerie (I am assuming diablerie with amaranth here). Since Lay low is both a combat card and an action modifier, then the combat must - after the diablerie - have been resumed again, otherwise Lay low wouldn't be playable. Right? Or is Lay low a case of card text doing something contradictory to the rules?

Name: Lay Low
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

I feel like it wouldn't hurt making it :reflex: instead of printed icons;
It describes its own oddball window, "would" replaces the real rules where she would burn to insert the cards effect instead.
Or I'm wrong and theres another reason, but currently theres no reaction that would enable lay low via rulebook 6.5.2, where you block a leave torpor action and eat them. So making it :reflex: would make it less garbage.
But I think its like psyche, where it explains when to play it, even outside of typical windows.

More
20 Dec 2018 02:00 #92518 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Reform Body & Amaranth

I feel like it wouldn't hurt making it :reflex: instead of printed icons;
It describes its own oddball window, "would" replaces the real rules where she would burn to insert the cards effect instead.
Or I'm wrong and theres another reason, but currently theres no reaction that would enable lay low via rulebook 6.5.2, where you block a leave torpor action and eat them. So making it :reflex: would make it less garbage.
But I think its like psyche, where it explains when to play it, even outside of typical windows.

per the rulebook

Reflex cards: A minion can play a reflex card to cancel a specified kind of card played against him as it is played.

But i'd totally be okay with expanding the role and definition of reflex cards to fill in those weird cases that dont really fit in very well.

More
20 Dec 2018 12:44 #92525 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Reform Body & Amaranth
I put together a deck with:
A vampire plays Illusions of the kindred
The illusion fetches flamethrower with Horrid reality, and
Amaranths the opposing vampire, and
Plays lay low when/if blood hunt referendum passes, and
goes into uncontrolled with the flamethrower intact.

My understanding of various rulings is that this works both with an acting and reacting vampire as Lay low is playable as a combat card.

Lackeyname: Kris
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds