file Pressing Flesh

09 Mar 2017 13:13 - 09 Mar 2017 13:16 #81054 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Pressing Flesh
I had trouble to figure out what you meant by "burn description", so I scratch my answer and start it again:

There's only one rule involved here, that is the requirements to play a card.
For War Ghoul, the requirement is "Tzimisce" (and nothing else).
For Pressing Flesh, the requirement is "Thanatosis" and having a legal target when you play the card.

The War Ghoul has an effect "when it enters play". It can enter play through different means, it doesn't matter. It's not a requirement, it's a plain effect that triggers.

If you control no other ally or retainer but the War Ghoul, it burns itself.

It it had been a requirement, the card would have mentioned something like "Requires another ally or retainer you control.".

Or, if it had required a target, something like "Choose an ally or retainer you control. When War Ghoul enters plays, burn the chosen ally or retainer." But it's pure speculation here.

If you manage to put a Vessel in play not by playing it from you hand, it could burn a Blood Doll the same way the War Ghoul burns an ally or retainer you control, though in the case of the Vessel, it's beneficial, whereas it's detrimental in the case of the War Ghoul (unless you want to burn the Charnas someone played on one your vampire, but that's cornercase).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Mar 2017 13:16 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2020 09:22 #100654 by Thetmes
Replied by Thetmes on topic Pressing Flesh
Hello folks!

Just a question:

i i play pressing flesh on an unique ally, would he still be unique after?

as pressing flesh states it becomes only a zombie instead of what it used to be?

Pressing Flesh, Action, Thanatosis:
+1 stealth action.
[thn] Choose an ally that was burned from play. Move that ally from the ash heap to your ready region with this card and life equal to its starting life. This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be, gets -1 bleed, cannot gain life, and may play cards that require basic Fortitude [for] as a vampire.
[THN] As above, but with an additional life.

More
02 Sep 2020 13:31 #100660 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Pressing Flesh

Hello folks!

Just a question:

as pressing flesh states it becomes only a zombie instead of what it used to be?

+1 stealth action.
[thn] Choose an ally that was burned from play. Move that ally from the ash heap to your ready region with this card and life equal to its starting life. This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be, gets -1 bleed, cannot gain life, and may play cards that require basic Fortitude [for] as a vampire.

It only changes the type, not the uniqueness.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Sep 2020 16:40 #100663 by Thetmes
Replied by Thetmes on topic Pressing Flesh
Thanks for your answer.

More
03 Sep 2020 06:40 #100668 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic Pressing Flesh

Hello folks!

Just a question:

+1 stealth action.

It only changes the type, not the uniqueness.

Does that mean any card text on the ally also applies? Would a War Ghoul still require you to burn an ally or retainer, and would Emerald Legionnaire let you fetch more copies?

Does the same apply to Spell of Life?

More
03 Sep 2020 07:39 #100672 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Pressing Flesh

Does that mean any card text on the ally also applies? Would a War Ghoul still require you to burn an ally or retainer, and would Emerald Legionnaire let you fetch more copies?

As was answered earlier in this thread, yes. Everything still applies, only the type is changed.

Does the same apply to Spell of Life?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you are asking, whether card text of the vampires brought into play as mummies applies, then no. Because the card isn't brought into play as itself, but only to represent a mummy with the same name.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds