map-pin Rules Team Rulings - RTR 03/03/2018

17 May 2018 14:28 #87066 by kschaefer

No, [allies] can be locked during the minion phase, as before. Apparently, it's clearer with the rule change since people discover possibilities that have always been there.

Agreed that this is much more clear for people, which is why this is a good rules change. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2018 01:26 #87643 by XZealot
At any time during this phase, if a vampire has at least as many blood counters as his capacity, the player can move that vampire to the ready region. The blood counters on the vampire stay on him and become his blood. Blood counters in excess to his capacity are burned (see sec. H.1. Crypt cards). If the vampire grants additional transfers, those can’t be used on this turn because transfers are gained at the start of the influence phase.

Hermana Hambrienta Menor
Clan: Blood Brother (group 4)
Capacity: 2
Disciplines: pot san
Sabbat. Mexico City Circle: Hermanas are not unique. When moved to the ready region in your influence phase, this vampire burns 2 blood or is burned.

Does the change to the influence phase allow you to transfer MORE blood then the capacity of the Hermana, then allow you to order the effects in the influence phase so that the text of the Hermana happens before the burn excess blood from the rulebook happens?

More
29 May 2018 02:00 - 29 May 2018 02:01 #87645 by Boris The Blade

At any time during this phase,

That is the only thing that changes in the new rule. Why would it have any impact on Hermana Menor?
Last edit: 29 May 2018 02:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
29 May 2018 06:10 #87652 by Ankha

At any time during this phase,

That is the only thing that changes in the new rule. Why would it have any impact on Hermana Menor?

Correct, it doesn't change anything for Hermana.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
12 Jun 2018 22:33 #88138 by carneggy
Regarding allies:

Rule change #2: Recruiting allies

Allies that are recruited are now moved to the ready region instead of the uncontrolled region, but cannot take actions the turn they are recruited. (This applies only to allies that are recruited, not allies that are put into play by other means.)

Allies that previously were moved to the ready region when recruited (Nocturn, Infernal Servitor) are not restricted by this rule. They read now: "This ally can act the turn it is recruited."

What does this rule change do Heaven's gate (or to other cards that move allies to your uncontrolled region in a non-recruit fashion?) Can they even be there? Or should they just be moved to your ready region (and if so, can they act?)

More
13 Jun 2018 06:43 #88139 by PetriWessman
"As a consequence, you cannot self-contest a unique vampire or imbued anymore (per rule 4.1. Contested Cards): the crypt card has to stay in the uncontrolled region. Minions that have a replacement effect as they would come into play (eg., Anarch Convert) or that cannot be contested (eg., Jimmy Dunn) can still be played as before."

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Say I have Vampire A (unique) in play (ready), and another copy of A in the uncontrolled region. If I transfer or otherwise move counters to the copy of A in the uncontrolled region equal to or in excess of A's capacity, I cannot move A to ready region (which would self-contest), but can/must choose to keep A in the uncontrolled region with all the counters the card has. If I understand things correctly, the excess counters do not burn.

So I can theoretically accumulate an unlimited number of counters on the A copy.

Is this correct?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds