map-pin Rules Team Rulings - RTR 03/03/2018

13 Jun 2018 06:54 #88140 by Ankha

"As a consequence, you cannot self-contest a unique vampire or imbued anymore (per rule 4.1. Contested Cards): the crypt card has to stay in the uncontrolled region. Minions that have a replacement effect as they would come into play (eg., Anarch Convert) or that cannot be contested (eg., Jimmy Dunn) can still be played as before."

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Say I have Vampire A (unique) in play (ready), and another copy of A in the uncontrolled region. If I transfer or otherwise move counters to the copy of A in the uncontrolled region equal to or in excess of A's capacity, I cannot move A to ready region (which would self-contest), but can/must choose to keep A in the uncontrolled region with all the counters the card has. If I understand things correctly, the excess counters do not burn.

So I can theoretically accumulate an unlimited number of counters on the A copy.

Is this correct?

Yes, even if A wouldn't contest another vampire in play.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2018 08:08 #88141 by Ankha

Regarding allies:

Rule change #2: Recruiting allies

Allies that are recruited are now moved to the ready region instead of the uncontrolled region, but cannot take actions the turn they are recruited. (This applies only to allies that are recruited, not allies that are put into play by other means.)

Allies that previously were moved to the ready region when recruited (Nocturn, Infernal Servitor) are not restricted by this rule. They read now: "This ally can act the turn it is recruited."

What does this rule change do Heaven's gate (or to other cards that move allies to your uncontrolled region in a non-recruit fashion?) Can they even be there? Or should they just be moved to your ready region (and if so, can they act?)

New text:

Name: Heaven's Gate
[LoB:C]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Obeah/Necromancy
Only usable by an unlocked vampire not involved in the current combat.
[nec] Prevent 1 damage to an ally in combat.
[obe] Only usable when an ally would be burned in combat. That ally and any cards and counters on them are put out of play instead (breaking any temporary control effects). Move that ally to the ready region with the cards and counters on them during the next discard phase, with 1 life if they have no life.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but with 2 life if they have no life, not to exceed their starting life.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds