file How does Extremis Boon actually work?

27 Aug 2019 07:20 #96572 by Ankha

Just realized that Extremis Boon does not actually explain how it keeps you in the game, as it does not explain what pool you receive. I assume that you somehow get pool as a result of the bidding, but if that's the case, do you get all the pool from all the bidders, or only the pool offered by the highest bidder?

The winning bid goes to you. Nothing happens to the losers (if any).

[LSJ 20031121]

>The top bid is given to you from the bidder's pool.

Correct.

I'll add that the starting bid must be enough to keep you in the game (for instance, if you are losing 5 pool while at 2 pool, the starting bid must be of 4 pool or more).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam, Trochomancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2019 20:12 #96593 by Trochomancy
I have been trying to use this card on casual decks as a solution when you are being ousted and no players have life boon available. Main problems being; 1) people don't usually want to keep me in the game :) 2) The card does not work that well or at all when 3 or 2 players left in the game.

More
27 Aug 2019 20:17 #96594 by ICL
So, an incoming pool loss is happening and this card interrupts that by giving everyone a chance to boost your pool before the loss occurs? In other words, blood counter related ousting effect is queued up rather than ousting having actually occurred?

True, not likely to matter, as every time I play Extremis Boon it just gets Suddened by my prey, anyway.

More
28 Aug 2019 21:35 #96619 by Lönkka

Main problems being; 1) people don't usually want to keep me in the game :)

Main problem: drink all over the keyboard and monitor now

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Aug 2019 22:24 #96621 by jamesatzephyr

So, an incoming pool loss is happening and this card interrupts that by giving everyone a chance to boost your pool before the loss occurs? In other words, blood counter related ousting effect is queued up rather than ousting having actually occurred.

LSJ's "when X is happening" wording tends to map to Ankha's "if X would happen, Y happens instead". See www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76594-lost-kindred-faq

So you end up in a situation of "If you would be ousted, do a bid-pool-to-save-you-but-get-ousted-if-that-doesn't-happen instead".

It can't be a "is about to be..." in Ankha's templating, because the thing that's about to happen still happens - you just wedge something else in before it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds