file Unsuccesful Block of Banishment after forced awakening

18 Dec 2020 22:52 #101272 by Hobbesgoblin

POLITICAL ACTION
Banishment
Choose a ready younger vampire. Successful referendum means the chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects); any cards and counters on the chosen vampire stay with them but are out of play as long as the chosen vampire remains uncontrolled.

REACTION
Forced Awakening
Only usable by a locked vampire.
This vampire wakes (they ignore the requirement to be unlocked for playing reaction cards and attempting to block until the end of the action). If they do not block this action, they burn 1 blood before action resolution.

if a vampire that waked via Forced Awakening and unsucesfully tried to block a banishment, and is then declared the target of the Banishment (and the vote is sucessful), do they burn a blood before they are banished?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2020 23:28 #101273 by inm8
Yes, the Forced Awakening card text states that the burning of 1 blood happens if failing to block and that it is to happen before action resolution. The action resolution of the political action Banishment is the referendum itself...no matter who the target is nor if the referendum passes or not the vampire failing to block when waking with Forced Awakening has to burn 1 blood.

More
19 Dec 2020 11:47 - 19 Dec 2020 11:52 #101274 by Bloodartist
"burn 1 blood before action resolution"

I guess this depends on when is the action considered resolved. Does it happen before or after the vote? As in: is the referendum part of action or not. I can't remember and I've learned to not apply logic to VTES rules.

EDIT: I think the above means that the blocker would pay the blood before you BEGIN to resolve the action, so when all blocks have failed but before you have started the referendum.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 19 Dec 2020 11:52 by Bloodartist.

More
19 Dec 2020 12:26 #101276 by inm8
Action resolution is what plays out as a result of a successful action. In the case of a political action the referendum is the resolution of the action which has one of two possible outcomes ie. it either passed or it doesn’t. Another example the bleed action... the resolution of it is that your prey/target loses pool...this in turn can be reduced to zero pool loss which doesn’t change the fact that it was a successful action with a resolution ...this is then an unsuccessful bleed but still a successful action.

More
19 Dec 2020 12:32 #101277 by Bloodartist

Action resolution is what plays out as a result of a successful action. In the case of a political action the referendum is the resolution of the action which has one of two possible outcomes ie. it either passed or it doesn’t. Another example the bleed action... the resolution of it is that your prey/target loses pool...this in turn can be reduced to zero pool loss which doesn’t change the fact that it was a successful action with a resolution ...this is then an unsuccessful bleed but still a successful action.

The thing is, the action isn't actually resolved until the referendum is concluded, since referendum is part of the action resolution. So "before action is resolved" would be a lot more vague timeframe since it covers the entire action.

Everything SHOULD be fine since the card says "before action resolution" which I interpret to mean before you even begin to resolve the action.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
19 Dec 2020 15:17 #101278 by inm8
What i was trying to convey was that the action resolution of the political action is the
referendum being called, which is to say that when the card text say "before the action resolution" it means before the calling of the referendum, declaring of conditions and voting.

Playing a political action card or triggering a political action by a card in play is the action.
If the action is successful the referendum is what is called as the resolution/result of the successful action.

Hopefully Ankha can confirm and explain better than i have.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds