file Confirmation needed : Catatonic Fear VS Disarm

07 Jan 2021 11:11 - 07 Jan 2021 11:12 #101379 by Rémi
Dear all,

Can you point me the reason why Disarm cannot be played after Catatonic Fear at close range please? My not really good English does not allow me to remember the simple reason.

Card Text:
Name: Disarm
Cardtype: Combat
Basic: Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going into torpor. Put this card on the opposing vampire and send that vampire into torpor. The vampire with this card has -1 strength. He or she may burn this card by burning 3 blood. A vampire can have only one Disarm.

Name: Catatonic Fear
Cardtype: Combat
Basic: Strike: combat ends.
Superior: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Thanks in adavance,
Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (FRANCE) in 2003 :)
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 11:12 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2021 15:12 - 07 Jan 2021 15:14 #101380 by Snodig
Disarm is played at the end of a round, and cannot be played after combat (no combat cards can).
Disarm checks for damage done in the round of combat, but Catatonic Fear deals damage after combat (per RTR19970630).

There, two reasons.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 15:14 by Snodig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, inm8

More
07 Jan 2021 18:00 #101382 by Rémi
Thanks for the second reason, that was the one I was looking for.

By the way, the first one is wrong for me since you can always play "end of round cards" at the end of the last round of any combats.

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (FRANCE) in 2003 :)

More
07 Jan 2021 19:32 #101383 by kschaefer
[quote="Rémi" post=101382By the way, the first one is wrong for me since you can always play "end of round cards" at the end of the last round of any combats.[/quote]
Nope, it's correct. You cannot play a combat card _after_ combat. The end of combat is not _after_ combat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds