file Confirmation needed : Catatonic Fear VS Disarm

07 Jan 2021 11:11 - 07 Jan 2021 11:12 #101379 by Rémi
Dear all,

Can you point me the reason why Disarm cannot be played after Catatonic Fear at close range please? My not really good English does not allow me to remember the simple reason.

Card Text:
Name: Disarm
Cardtype: Combat
Basic: Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going into torpor. Put this card on the opposing vampire and send that vampire into torpor. The vampire with this card has -1 strength. He or she may burn this card by burning 3 blood. A vampire can have only one Disarm.

Name: Catatonic Fear
Cardtype: Combat
Basic: Strike: combat ends.
Superior: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

Thanks in adavance,
Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 11:12 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2021 15:12 - 07 Jan 2021 15:14 #101380 by Snodig
Disarm is played at the end of a round, and cannot be played after combat (no combat cards can).
Disarm checks for damage done in the round of combat, but Catatonic Fear deals damage after combat (per RTR19970630).

There, two reasons.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 15:14 by Snodig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, inm8

More
07 Jan 2021 18:00 #101382 by Rémi
Thanks for the second reason, that was the one I was looking for.

By the way, the first one is wrong for me since you can always play "end of round cards" at the end of the last round of any combats.

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:

More
07 Jan 2021 19:32 - 05 Feb 2021 13:44 #101383 by kschaefer

By the way, the first one is wrong for me since you can always play "end of round cards" at the end of the last round of any combats.

Nope, it's correct. You cannot play a combat card _after_ combat. The end of combat is not _after_ combat.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 13:44 by Ankha. Reason: Fixed tag
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
05 Feb 2021 12:36 - 05 Feb 2021 12:39 #101556 by Rémi
Dear all,

I am not sure kschaefer:
Must be played after the presses are handled and can be played if the round ends prematurely. [RTR 20030519]

Source:
codex-of-the-damned.org/en/card-search.html?card=Disarm

From the rulebook (of the website)
"7. End of Round

In this step you use the combat cards or other effects that are only usable at the end of a round of combat, after the press step.

Note that this step also occurs even if combat ends prematurely."

Regards,
Rémi.

Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 12:39 by Rémi.

More
05 Feb 2021 13:12 #101557 by inm8
The reason for Disarm not being able to be played is because the time window is skipped by the Strike: Combat Ends of Catatonic Fear. Disarm is to be played at the End of Round step which never happens as the combat is ended prematurely.

Rulebook says:
Combat Sequence

Combat occurs in a series of one or more rounds. Each round of combat has seven steps:

1. Before Range: Play cards before range is chosen.

2. Determine Range: Use maneuvers to change the range to close or long.

3. Before Strikes: Play cards before strikes are chosen.

4. Strike: Announce and resolve strikes.

5. Damage Resolution: Prevent and mend damage.

6. Press: Use presses to continue into another round or to end combat.

7. End of Round: End of round cards and effects are played here.

Rulebook says:
Combat Ends: This effect ends combat immediately. This type of strike is always the first to resolve, even before a strike done with first strike (see First Strike), and it ends combat before other strikes or other strike resolution effects are resolved. Combat ends is effective at any range. Combat ends is not affected by a dodge, since dodge only cancels effects that are directed at the dodging minion.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds