times Tournament rules 4.5. Proxy Cards

20 Jan 2021 09:47 #101472 by Legion

I can see how some newer players might feel sore when I equip Dan Murdock with it and go to old fashioned pound town with cards they do not have.

As a new player myself... I feel sore when I see prices of Liquidation and Ashur Tablets, left alone 30$ for Direct Intervention and Contagion.
At the moment I really don't care about missing promos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2021 09:59 #101482 by Lönkka

I can see how some newer players might feel sore when I equip Dan Murdock with it and go to old fashioned pound town with cards they do not have.

As a new player myself... I feel sore when I see prices of Liquidation and Ashur Tablets, left alone 30$ for Direct Intervention and Contagion.
At the moment I really don't care about missing promos.

You can find three Ashurs and one Liquidation on Black Chantry's VTES: Anthology I.

So not counting the value of any other cards in it it would seem that these cost like 4-5 euros each...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jan 2021 13:33 #101487 by Legion

You can find three Ashurs and one Liquidation on Black Chantry's VTES: Anthology I.

So not counting the value of any other cards in it it would seem that these cost like 4-5 euros each...

That gives... 5x Anthology I =100EUR for 15 Tablets and still 4 Liquidation short from building a Girls deck.

More
23 Jan 2021 21:48 #101489 by Palamedes
As a veteran I can say that I don’t even have half the crucial cards needed for the Girls deck. I’ve never played in tournaments with proxies and I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything. Well, I've never won a tournament, but that doesn't stop me from having fun. The reason why these strong decks currently are common in tournaments is actually because proxies are allowed.

Also the beauty of this game, at least for me, is actually the casual game, and you don't need the Girls deck there... Unless your goal is to annoy friends.

Let me mention, I have nothing against proxies (although I never use them in tournaments), it helps and keeps the game alive. But it also discourages people from buying new cards. Once the BCP pool is sufficiently filled (which will be soon I guess), we can quit with proxies in tournaments.

More
24 Jan 2021 06:56 #101490 by Lönkka

That gives... 5x Anthology I =100EUR for 15 Tablets and still 4 Liquidation short from building a Girls deck.

Why not go absolutely boners and play with 78 Liquidations and 12 Ashurs? Or even 90 Liquidations?

The pricing is still way cheaper than it used to be, but yeah having at least a second Liquidation in Anthology would've helped.

You could start petitioning BCP to release a totally bonkers Girls deck, but I'm not so sure if people would be all that interested in getting that deck get even more popular than it is. Then again, having all Tier 1 decks available from BCP would be cool.

As a veteran I can say that I don’t even have half the crucial cards needed for the Girls deck. I’ve never played in tournaments with proxies and I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything. Well, I've never won a tournament, but that doesn't stop me from having fun. The reason why these strong decks currently are common in tournaments is actually because proxies are allowed.

I've won a couple but I've never built or played a Girls deck either, (not from the lack of cards though). And also don't feel like I've missed anything. Then again, playing one probably would give you a better insight how it functions and how to play against one...

Also the beauty of this game, at least for me, is actually the casual game, and you don't need the Girls deck there... Unless your goal is to annoy friends

True that! <3
(Well, unless you play Swedish Casual that is... :D )

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Jan 2021 00:44 #101497 by kschaefer

Using a Girls... deck as a yardstick to measure anything in this game is ridiculous. Measuring VTES with the least interactive, least vampire-related deck is a joke. Recursion is broken. Let's stop trying to make it sound like something good. We don't need more of Girls... in VTES, we need less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Boris The Blade, self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds