question-circle Netwar Timing

30 Jan 2021 20:27 #101518 by lip
Netwar Timing was created by lip
Situation happened during V5 for Vendetta tournament.

Player A bleeds Player B
Player B is considering wether to block or not
Can Player C play Netwar at :aus: to see Player A's hand before Player B has to choose wether to block or decline?

Netwar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2021 19:56 #101526 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Netwar Timing
The answer to your question is no and the reasoning for it can be found in the new rulebook under Sequencing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
31 Jan 2021 22:14 - 31 Jan 2021 22:15 #101527 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Netwar Timing

The answer to your question is no and the reasoning for it can be found in the new rulebook under Sequencing

Correct, see also parallel with Hide the Heart groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/vJQTPYtp-Eg/m/6_nkxd28-v8J

> My prey declares an attempt to bleed his prey. May I play Hide the
> Heart before my grandprey chooses whether or not to attempt to block?
> (I'm not sure how the impulse works in that situation.)

No.
Impulse works as given in "sequencing" [1.6.1.5]

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 31 Jan 2021 22:15 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, lip

More
05 Feb 2021 11:47 - 05 Feb 2021 11:51 #101555 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Netwar Timing
Dear all,

May I add a couple of questions here about sequencing?
Let's see Lip's example a bit deeper then:

Player A bleeds Player B
Player B is considering wether to block or not
Player C cannot activate any effect before Player B's decision.

My two questions :
Case 1: Player B chooses to try to block (without activating any effect) and the minion who attempts to block does NOT need extra intercept at that moment.
=> What happens first ?
- Active player gets the impulse so he could play Kiss of Ra to end current action before anyone else could say anything.
- Player C can activate any effect such as Auspex's effect from Netware.

Case 2: Player B chooses to try to block and the minion who attempts to block DO need extra intercept at that moment.
=> What happens first ?
- Active player gets the impulse so he could play Kiss of Ra to end current action before anyone else could say anything.
- Player B has to decide wether or not the reacting minion should get extra Intercept
- Player C can play a reaction card such as Auspex's effect from Netware.
- Player C can activate an effect such as KRCG Radio to give extra intercept to Player B's minion.

Extra Card Text :
Name: The Kiss of Ra
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Only usable when a vampire who does not have Fortitude [for] attempts to block this acting minion.
[for] The block attempt is canceled, the blocking vampire burns 2 blood, and the current action is ended (without combat).
(...)

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 11:51 by Rémi.

More
05 Feb 2021 13:23 #101558 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Netwar Timing

ADVANCED RULES

Sequencing

If two or more Methuselahs want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting Methuselah always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, they may play another and another. Once they are finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to use the next card or effect.

This is a quote from the rulebook. It states, that whenever a Methuselah does something, the acting Methuselah has the opportunity to play the next card or use the next effect. So in both cases, after player B has declared a block, player A gets the opportunity to play a card before C can play Netwar. Player C only gets to play Netwar during the action after both A and B do not want to use any more effects or play cards.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
05 Feb 2021 13:52 #101561 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Netwar Timing

Remi wrote:
Case 1: Player B chooses to try to block (without activating any effect) and the minion who attempts to block does NOT need extra intercept at that moment.
=> What happens first ?
- Player C can activate any effect such as Auspex's effect from Netware.

Active player gets the impulse as per the rules

Rulebook says:
Sequencing

If two or more Methuselahs want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting Methuselah always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, they may play another and another. Once they are finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to use the next card or effect.

Remi wrote:
Case 2: Player B chooses to try to block and the minion who attempts to block DO need extra intercept at that moment.
=> What happens first ?
- Player B has to decide wether or not the reacting minion should get extra Intercept
- Player C can play a reaction card such as Auspex's effect from Netware.
- Player C can activate an effect such as KRCG Radio to give extra intercept to Player B's minion.

Player B has to decide whether or not the reacting minion should get extra Intercept, if enough intercept can´t be achieved the block attempt would fail. Impulse goes back to player A when player B has achieved enough intercept where player A could add more stealth/play another card/effect.

The question that now remains is when would player C be allowed to play its reaction card/effect? I assume/think it is before the action/block resolution but after that the interaction between player A and B is completed (i.e. player A isn't playing any more effects/cards against player B and player B isn't playing any more effects/cards against player A).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds