question-circle Netwar Timing

05 Feb 2021 14:06 #101563 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Netwar Timing

ADVANCED RULES

Sequencing

If two or more Methuselahs want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting Methuselah always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, they may play another and another. Once they are finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to use the next card or effect.

This is a quote from the rulebook. It states, that whenever a Methuselah does something, the acting Methuselah has the opportunity to play the next card or use the next effect. So in both cases, after player B has declared a block, player A gets the opportunity to play a card before C can play Netwar. Player C only gets to play Netwar during the action after both A and B do not want to use any more effects or play cards.

Correct.

The question that now remains is when would player C be allowed to play its reaction card/effect? I assume/think it is before the action/block resolution but after that the interaction between player A and B is completed (i.e. player A isn't playing any more effects/cards against player B and player B isn't playing any more effects/cards against player A).

When A and B both pass the impulse.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2021 14:50 - 05 Feb 2021 14:52 #101566 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Netwar Timing
Thanks you all.

So if I have understood well, in a three players game we can have:

Step 1 - Player A bleeds a +1 stealth..
Step 2 - Player B says I want to block with 1 minion who has 0 intercept and decides not to give +1 intercept yet to their minion.
Step 3 - Player A gets the impulse but does nothing.
Step 4 - Player B gets the impulse but does nothing. This does not means they decline block yet.
Step 5 - Player C gets the impulse and plays Netware.
Step 6 - Player A gets the impulse but does nothing.
Step 7 - Player B gets the impulse and can decide wether or not they would give intercept to the blocking minion.

If Player C does not activate any effect during step 5, can we assume that Step 6 would become : the action is now successful ?

I understand that everything is a "table talk ability" but it would be great for me to be sure about that point.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend !
Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 14:52 by Rémi.

More
05 Feb 2021 18:49 #101567 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Netwar Timing

Thanks you all.

So if I have understood well, in a three players game we can have:

Step 1 - Player A bleeds a +1 stealth..
Step 2 - Player B says I want to block with 1 minion who has 0 intercept and decides not to give +1 intercept yet to their minion.
Step 3 - Player A gets the impulse but does nothing.
Step 4 - Player B gets the impulse but does nothing. This does not means they decline block yet.
Step 5 - Player C gets the impulse and plays Netware.
Step 6 - Player A gets the impulse but does nothing.
Step 7 - Player B gets the impulse and can decide wether or not they would give intercept to the blocking minion.

Indeed. Note that step 5 is also the step where Maris Streck, WMRH, Tourette's Voice, Babble... (controlled by C, D or E) could be used to give intercept to B.
Step 2 is "B declares a block attempt".

If Player C does not activate any effect during step 5, can we assume that Step 6 would become : the action is now successful ?

If everyone passes, then that block attempt fails. B has another opportunity to declare a block attempt.
If B declines to block, then C has the opportunity to declare a block attempt etc.
When everyone has declined to block, the action resolves successfully.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds