question-circle Crypt's Sons, Lock and Obedience

31 Jan 2021 09:27 #101520 by lip
Two questions about Crypt's Sons from V5 for Vendetta tournament yesterday. In both instances Player A's anarch vampire with Crypt's Sons is acting, Player B's vampire is unlocked and blocking:

1. Player B blocks successfully. Player A uses Crypt's Sons ability to cancel combat. Is the blocking vampire locked?

2. Player B blocks successfully. Does he get to play :DOM: Obedience before Player A can use the Crypt's Sons ability? Or does Player A get the opportunity to use the Crypt's Sons effect first as the acting player? If it is the latter, is the blocking vampire locked?

I think both questions are linked because at the core of it it's about the ability's timing. Can it be played as a before combat/resolution effect like Obedience? (But in that case the blocking vampire surely should stay unlocked? It was my understanding Obedience parenthesis text was just a reminder.) Or is it played during combat like superior Form of Mist (but in that case, Player B should get the opportunity to play Obedience before the ability). Or does the acting Methusalah get to choose? I'm a bit puzzled ☺︎

Crypt's Sons

Obedience
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2021 11:38 #101521 by Legion
My answers are based on www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/77667-what-exactly-is-block-resolution this topic. So I assume... Lock+enter combat happens simultaneously as a part of successfull Block resolution. In the 1st case combat cancelled, and blocking minion should stay unlocked.
In the 2nd case acting minion have a priority to play cards/activate abilities, so he always activates crypt's sons first until he decides to enter combat.

More
31 Jan 2021 12:17 #101523 by beslin igor
Thanks for asking Lip,i planed to ask too.
yesterday during tournament i ask Ankha in discord what happen,so him answer:

acting first => Crypt's Sons first
so reacting vampire lock
A burn blood to continue
and obedience cannot be played

Probably Ankha confirm later when see topic

More
31 Jan 2021 17:26 #101525 by Ankha

1. Player B blocks successfully. Player A uses Crypt's Sons ability to cancel combat. Is the blocking vampire locked?

Yes. Crypt's Son cancels the combat, but the lock part takes place.

groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/gvb3uijtpZw/m/ZRX2hunjsRYJ

2. Player B blocks successfully. Does he get to play :DOM: Obedience before Player A can use the Crypt's Sons ability? Or does Player A get the opportunity to use the Crypt's Sons effect first as the acting player? If it is the latter, is the blocking vampire locked?

The acting player always get the opportunity to play their effects first.
So A uses Crypt's Sons, the blocking vampire B is locked and the action continues. B cannot play Obedience since B is not about to enter combat (combat was canceled by Crypt's Sons).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman, Hakuron, lip

More
01 Nov 2023 07:12 #109712 by Snodig

Yes. Crypt's Son cancels the combat, but the lock part takes place.

groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/gvb3uijtpZw/m/ZRX2hunjsRYJ

The acting player always get the opportunity to play their effects first.
So A uses Crypt's Sons, the blocking vampire B is locked and the action continues. B cannot play Obedience since B is not about to enter combat (combat was canceled by Crypt's Sons).

What about Mental Maze, which is played before block resolution? Can MM be played before the acting player has the chance to burn a blood from Crypt's Sons?

More
01 Nov 2023 07:24 - 01 Nov 2023 14:37 #109713 by Hobbesgoblin
the contents of this post were nonsense and have been deleted by myself to not muddle the discussion
Last edit: 01 Nov 2023 14:37 by Hobbesgoblin.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds