file Daring the Dawn and then Mask of a Thousand Faces

07 Mar 2021 23:37 #101784 by Killiam
Scenario: Minion A is bleeding and plays Daring the Dawn at basic. Minion B (who is a vampire possessing both Fortitude and Obfuscate) then plays Mask of a Thousand Faces, taking over the bleed action, which resolves successfully.

Question: Who takes the 2 aggravated damage, A or B?

Thanks much!
-Bill Troxel / Killiam

Name: Daring the Dawn
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Vampires cannot block this action. This vampire takes 2 unpreventable environmental aggravated damage after action resolution.
[FOR] As above, but this vampire takes 1 unpreventable environmental aggravated damage.

Name: Mask of a Thousand Faces
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate
[obf] Only usable by a ready, unlocked vampire other than the acting minion who is capable of performing the action. Not usable if any action modifiers or other effects have been used that could not have been used if this vampire were the acting vampire. Unlock the acting minion and lock this vampire instead. The action continues with this vampire as the acting minion.
[OBF] As above, with +1 stealth.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"How did some slip of a girly boy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?" -Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2021 08:10 #101786 by Timo
I'm not very rules savy about M1kF but reading card text I am pretty sure it would be the masked vampire taking the damages.

More
08 Mar 2021 08:30 #101787 by Tadori
In my opinion second minion (B) because 2 agr. dmg triggers after resolution so after the swap.

More
08 Mar 2021 13:12 #101792 by lip
I would have said B:

The action remains the same. All action modifiers remain in effect, but inherent modifiers (a minion's inherent +1 bleed for example) do not. Other effects applied to the action also carry over to the new masking vampire. [RTR 19951110] [LSJ 19971201] [RTR 20030519] [LSJ 20030521]

More
08 Mar 2021 20:29 #101799 by Timo
the 2 agg damage are not effects applied to the action but to the vampire.

For example IMO a conditioning add +3 bleed to the action and not to the vampire.

But this card being a judge nightmare, I could certainly be wrong...

More
09 Mar 2021 07:57 #101805 by Ankha

I would have said B:

The action remains the same. All action modifiers remain in effect, but inherent modifiers (a minion's inherent +1 bleed for example) do not. Other effects applied to the action also carry over to the new masking vampire. [RTR 19951110] [LSJ 19971201] [RTR 20030519] [LSJ 20030521]

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, Killiam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds