file Confirmation needed about Garrote

09 Jun 2021 20:50 - 09 Jun 2021 20:50 #102444 by Rémi
Dear all,

If the oposing minion would goes to torpor but the garrote strike has no dealt any damage during that strike resolution, could you please confirm that the garrote may be burnt to burn that oppoing vampire ?

Card Text:
Name: Garrote
Cardtype: Equipment
Melee weapon.
Strike: strength damage, only usable at close range. If the opposing vampire {would go to torpor} during the strike resolution step of this strike and the bearer remains ready, the bearer may burn this card to burn the opposing vampire {instead}. This is not considered diablerie.

Thanks in advance,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 09 Jun 2021 20:50 by Rémi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2021 22:12 #102445 by kschaefer
Nothing on Garrote says that the damages needs to be successfully inflicted, merely that the "opposing vampire would go to torpor during the strike resolution." If you meet that criteria, then you can burn them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
10 Jun 2021 07:02 - 10 Jun 2021 07:04 #102447 by lip
Although if Garrote strike was dodged, I doubt the opponent gets burned, even if he goes to torpor.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2021 07:04 by lip.

More
10 Jun 2021 08:27 #102448 by Timo

Although if Garrote strike was dodged, I doubt the opponent gets burned, even if he goes to torpor.

I am not so sure :
The text about burning the opposing is not part of the strike.

It is just a side effect of the "strike resolution". A strike dodged is still resolved.

It could be argued that is is an environemental effect similarly to the damage from a zip gun or black gloves.

BUT : after further checking, it appears that the part about weapons doing no damage of blood fury is avoided if the blood fury is dodged...

More
10 Jun 2021 15:40 #102450 by kschaefer

BUT : after further checking, it appears that the part about weapons doing no damage of blood fury is avoided if the blood fury is dodged...

In what situation am I dodging and using a weapon at the same time?

More
10 Jun 2021 17:19 #102452 by lip
Additional strikes ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds