file what happens if you announce an illegal action?/play an illegal card?

21 Jun 2021 16:14 #102537 by Timo

b) What happens if you play a card with X costs and announce an X that turn out to be illegal? do you retake the action, or do you have to re-announce it in a legal way if possible?

I announced Eldest Command Undeath with x=8 (because I forgot I can't choose a crosstable target), after annoucement we realized that a) I can't choose a vamprie crosstable and b) my prey didnt have any vampires with capacity under 8, but i could have anounced it at 9 (there was enough blood to spend) to have a legal target.

lip post=102517
Kilrauko gave the detailed info from the judges guide, they’re correct.

b) play is legal (the announced blood cost could be paid at the moment the action was announced) - no rollback, keep playing as announced.

No, b) is illegal. When you announce an action, you must announce the full effect of the card (and the cost is part of it, more so for a card costing X).

Announcing an Eldest Command Undeath for 8 with no legal target costing 8- is an illegal play and should be handled regarding the judge guideline with :114. Procedural Error - Misrepresentationand :
122. Card Drawing - Looking at Extra Cards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2021 16:16 - 21 Jun 2021 16:16 #102538 by Timo

As Prince, I regularly give -1 vps for sloppy play. So sometimes I win cause I'm the only player at 0 still, while others in the negative.

As for your league play then, DQ the player. That will learn them.

Well, just in case it is not trolling, this behavior is not "possible" for a standard tournament because it follows neither the games rules, the tournament rules nor the judge guidelines.

But I read it as trolling ^^
Last edit: 21 Jun 2021 16:16 by Timo.

More
21 Jun 2021 20:07 #102540 by ruiza97
Lol. You guys are too serious.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
22 Jun 2021 08:07 #102549 by Lönkka

Lol. You guys are too serious.

But not desperate... ;)

If you ask me difficult questions
If I make improper suggestions
Would you find that a risk to your health?
Would you put me up on the deck box?
With the cards and the sleeves?
Serious but not desperate

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jun 2021 15:24 #102556 by lip

b) What happens if you play a card with X costs and announce an X that turn out to be illegal? do you retake the action, or do you have to re-announce it in a legal way if possible?

I announced Eldest Command Undeath with x=8 (because I forgot I can't choose a crosstable target), after annoucement we realized that a) I can't choose a vamprie crosstable and b) my prey didnt have any vampires with capacity under 8, but i could have anounced it at 9 (there was enough blood to spend) to have a legal target.

lip post=102517

b) play is legal (the announced blood cost could be paid at the moment the action was announced) - no rollback, keep playing as announced.

No, b) is illegal. When you announce an action, you must announce the full effect of the card (and the cost is part of it, more so for a card costing X).

Announcing an Eldest Command Undeath for 8 with no legal target costing 8- is an illegal play

Oh, you're totally right, my bad, I read too fast and overlooked the fact they were no legal target. I would rollback or adjust the cost depending on what the players feel is right and on how many cards have been played during the action. But that might get a warning anyway.

More
24 Jun 2021 07:43 #102561 by Lönkka
The main idea isn't to penalize but to correct the situation. Mistakes tend to happen.

Intentional foul play is a different matter...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds