file Lay Low VS Banishment

29 Jun 2021 10:33 #102592 by Rémi
Lay Low VS Banishment was created by Rémi
Dear all,

Do all specific rulings of Banishment also apply to Lay Low ?

Card texts:
Name: Banishment
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose a ready younger vampire. Successful referendum means the chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects); any cards and counters on the chosen vampire stay with them but are out of play as long as the chosen vampire remains uncontrolled.

Name: Lay Low
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Thanks in advance,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2021 14:11 #102595 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Lay Low VS Banishment

Dear all,

Do all specific rulings of Banishment also apply to Lay Low ?

Card texts:
Name: Banishment
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose a ready younger vampire. Successful referendum means the chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects); any cards and counters on the chosen vampire stay with them but are out of play as long as the chosen vampire remains uncontrolled.

Name: Lay Low
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Thanks in advance,
Rémi.

It's hard to say yes as some of Banishment rulings could be about the fact that is is a vote for instance, or that you must choose a younger vampire vs Orun.

You need to provide a specific list of rulings.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Jun 2021 10:00 #102598 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Lay Low VS Banishment
Thanks Vincent, you are right my question was quite bad :)

My point was: are the consequences of the target of "Lay Low"/"Banishment" similar? I mean about those rulings:

Here are the rulings I would like to be sure:
- A banished vampire can return to play when it again has blood >= capacity on it at the end of its Methuselah's influence phase. [TOM 19951209]

- A banished vampire will remember all effects that had been applied to him, just as contested vampires do. This includes gained or lost titles. [RTR 20000501]

- "for the rest of the game" effects pointing at the Banished vampire from other sources will resume if and when the vampire comes back into play. [TOM 19960210]

- "breaking any temporary control effects" means the vampire is placed in his last permanent controller's uncontrolled region. [RTR 20000501]

- If the vampire is permanently controlled by a Methusalah other than his owner, it goes to that Methusalah uncontrolled region and is still controlled by him. It is removed from the game if that Methusalah is ousted and kept in game if his owner is ousted. [ANK 20200408‑2]

Thanks in advance,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

More
30 Jun 2021 13:28 #102601 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Lay Low VS Banishment
I don't remember writing "Methusalah", but otherwise all these rulings apply to Lay Low.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
30 Jun 2021 14:13 #102607 by lip
Replied by lip on topic Lay Low VS Banishment
And I went to the trouble to make sure that copying a ruling on the codex would output the ruling link >_>

[ANK 20200408-2](www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78562-banishment?start=6#99533)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds