file Reminder text in bounce cards.

29 Aug 2021 20:02 #102990 by Timo
Change the target of the bleed to another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller (that Methuselah can attempt to block).

the part between brackets is meant to be a reminder text.

But a reminder of which part of the rulebook ?

where is it stated that for bounced bleeds, the new target (who by card text has already declined to block) can make new attempts ? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist, Kilrauko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2021 21:26 - 29 Aug 2021 21:27 #102991 by Kilrauko

Change the target of the bleed to another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller (that Methuselah can attempt to block).

the part between brackets is meant to be a reminder text.

But a reminder of which part of the rulebook ?

where is it stated that for bounced bleeds, the new target (who by card text has already declined to block) can make new attempts ?

blackchantry.com/Vampire%20The%20Eternal%20Struggle%20Fifth%20Edition%20rulebook%20ENG.pdf

Page 45.

What happens when a bleed I redirected to another Methuselah is redirected to me again? Can I attempt to block?

Yes, this opens a new blocking window.

For more generic online uses, I believe the previous iteration of the rulebook confirmed this and LSJ has ruled on it as well for example here; groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/1TfQivzihxs/m/nfU6pqhstlQJ

> The way I see it is that you aren't actually "passing on blocking
> attempts" but rather *cannot* attempt to block any more *at this time*
> due to lack of intercept or valid blockers.     

More precisely, you are declining to block ("passing on blocking attempts")
before you play Deflection.         

> For example, if the bleed
> gets bounced back to you somehow, a kind-hearted, yet self-interested
> Meth might then lend you intercept from a location, to prevent you from
> being ousted by said bleed, *after* you showed your bounce.        

Correct, since changing the target opens a new block window.

Overall it falls into category of targeted methuselah being able to attempt a block. If a card wished to get past that it would include unblockable in some fashion or another as some cards do.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2021 21:27 by Kilrauko.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
30 Aug 2021 05:08 - 30 Aug 2021 05:09 #102992 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Reminder text in bounce cards.
These are not "rules" but rulings / clarification (even if the first is in the printed rulebook it is not presented as a rule but a FAQ).

As I see it, the new block window is here because the card says it and the ruling confirm that. Not the other way around.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 05:09 by Timo.

More
01 Sep 2021 06:58 - 01 Sep 2021 09:25 #103017 by Bloodartist

These are not "rules" but rulings / clarification (even if the first is in the printed rulebook it is not presented as a rule but a FAQ).

As I see it, the new block window is here because the card says it and the ruling confirm that. Not the other way around.

Then that is faulty use of a reminder text, which by definition should not have authority. Reminder text can only remind of an existing rule. A card should work just the same if the reminder text was removed from the card. It cannot "add" new rules. 

2. Resolve Any Block Attempts Who May Attempt to Block If the action targets one or more other Methuselahs or things controlled by other Methuselahs, then the action is called directed, and only the Methuselahs who are targeted may use their ready unlocked minions to attempt to block the action. If more than one Methuselah has been targeted by the action, blocking attempts are made in a clockwise order. If the action is not directed at another Methuselah or at something controlled by another Methuselah, then the action is called undirected and can be blocked by the acting Methuselah’s prey or predator, with the prey getting the first opportunity to block. A minion can attempt to block as many times as they wish as long as another minion is not already blocking. If one attempt to block fails, another can be made as often as the blocking Methuselah wishes. Once a Methuselah decides not to make any further attempts to block, that decision is final.

There are couple issues here. One is with the definition of a directed action, which could be improved by including the words "or chooses cards controlled by other methuselahs". There have been examples of cards which were ruled as directed actions even if they do not target. (condemn the sins of the father as an example). It might be also worth noting that a directed action can target multiple players at the same time, since that is not very intuititive.  

The more pressing issue is that if a player declines to block before bouncing the bleed, they have declined to block that action. Where does it say they get a new attempt if the bleed is bounced back at them? 

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 01 Sep 2021 09:25 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
01 Sep 2021 08:15 #103019 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Reminder text in bounce cards.
Actually, before a bounce card could be played, everyone at the table should have declined to block. So the new target of the bleed has already decline the block and per the rule : "Once a Methuselah decides not to make any further attempts to block, that decision is final." should not be able to block.

Let's be clear, I perfectly know how a bounce works. What I am trying to say is that I don't find in the rulebook which part I should use to know that after the target of a directed action has been changed everybody get a new opportunity to block.
Or maybe it is only the new target of the bleed per card text but this specific bit of cardtext is right now only a reminder text and some bounce cards don't have it (redirection, lost in translation and my enemy's enemy)

More
01 Sep 2021 15:49 #103026 by beslin igor

Actually, before a bounce card could be played, everyone at the table should have declined to block. So the new target of the bleed has already decline the block and per the rule : "Once a Methuselah decides not to make any further attempts to block, that decision is final." should not be able to block.

But they need Eagle to can block,but when bleed change target,new target can block bleed as D action on him,not need Eagle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds