question-circle Unleash Hell's Fury and other delayed/triggered effects

15 Jan 2022 11:03 - 15 Jan 2022 11:16 #104487 by lip
Hi, I'm looking for some precision on recent ruling [ANK 20210627] .

So, for clarity:
  • If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury, can he play Change of Target before mending the aggravated damage? I guess no, the 2021 ruling is an effective REVERSAL of [LSJ 2010030] .
  • If acting player bleeds and played Mirror's Walk, defending player blocks with Unleash Hell's Fury, does Unleash still trigger? (I guess yes, from 2021 ruling and Banshee Ironwall example, in line with the reverted 2010 ruling)
  • Follow-up question: If UHF triggers after MW is handled, can Heidelberg's Castle be used to transfer blood before mending UHF aggravated damage (since MW ended the action)? I would have guessed no from the 2021 ruling
  • But then, tricky follow-up: if UHF triggers after MW, can another Methuselah play Minor Boon to prevent the acting vampire to go in torpor? I don't see why not, but then why would you be able to use Minor Boon and not Heidelberg?
  • If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury and sent to torpor (no MW this time), can he still play Change of Target to unlock?
  • If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury while controlling Millicent Smith, does one have priority over the other? Both resolve? Does the acting Methuselah choose the order?

Thanks in advance ☺︎

Unleash Hell's Fury

Change of Target

Banshee Ironwall

Heidelberg's Castle, Germany

Minor Boon

Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
Last edit: 15 Jan 2022 11:16 by lip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2022 10:16 - 16 Jan 2022 10:18 #104488 by Ankha

Hi, I'm looking for some precision on recent ruling [ANK 20210627] .

So, for clarity:
  • If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury, can he play Change of Target before mending the aggravated damage? I guess no, the 2021 ruling is an effective REVERSAL of [LSJ 2010030] .

Not before. UHF inflicts the damage first, since it's a delayed effect (per www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/79192-mirror-walk-and-slave?start=12).

• If acting player bleeds and played Mirror's Walk, defending player blocks with Unleash Hell's Fury, does Unleash still trigger? (I guess yes, from 2021 ruling and Banshee Ironwall example, in line with the reverted 2010 ruling)

Yes, and the damage from UHF needs to be handled.

• Follow-up question: If UHF triggers after MW is handled, can Heidelberg's Castle be used to transfer blood before mending UHF aggravated damage (since MW ended the action)? I would have guessed no from the 2021 ruling

No, since the action is not over yet (it's "ending" but not "ended" yet). Heidelberg's Castle cannot be used during an action.

• But then, tricky follow-up: if UHF triggers after MW, can another Methuselah play Minor Boon to prevent the acting vampire to go in torpor? I don't see why not, but then why would you be able to use Minor Boon and not Heidelberg?

Minor Boon can be played during an action.

• If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury and sent to torpor (no MW this time), can he still play Change of Target to unlock?

Yes. Being wounded does not prevent from playing action modifiers.

• If the acting player gets blocked by Unleash Hell's Fury while controlling Millicent Smith, does one have priority over the other? Both resolve? Does the acting Methuselah choose the order?

Both are delayed effects that trigger at the same time. The acting Methuselah can choose in which order to apply them.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Jan 2022 10:18 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi, beslin igor, lip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds