file Coma/Entombment/Liquify the Mortal Coil.

16 Apr 2022 15:26 #105022 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple

That things can be improved in regards to the rulebook I fully agree on.
Nowhere does it say that applied damage can be ignored because something causes the combat to end.

Sure it does.

I can't count the number of times I have avoided damage applied in pre-range step that is handled in the press step (e.g., Drawing Out the Beast at [ANI]). All you have to do is have better combat in steps 4 and 5 :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2022 15:38 - 16 Apr 2022 15:41 #105023 by inm8
The damage from superior Drawing out the Beast can be avoided if combat is made to end before the press step because it isn’t applied until the press step…

If combat wasn’t ended and the damage was preventable it would also go through damage resolution with the possibility of prevention…but as it is unpreventable it only goes through the damage resolution without the option to play/trigger prevention.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2022 15:41 by inm8.

More
23 Apr 2022 08:32 - 23 Apr 2022 08:34 #105066 by Bloodartist
That one combatant isn't ready, doesn't mean you skip the damage resolution step. The remaining combatant has damage to resolve, thus gets damage resolution step.

As far as I can see. Entombment player takes and resolves damage.

The damage from superior Drawing out the Beast can be avoided if combat is made to end before the press step because it isn’t applied until the press step…

Because damage from sup drawing out the beast is applied at press step, you avoid it if there is no press step.
The damage from roundhouse is applied at strike resolution, at the same time with entombment.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 08:34 by Bloodartist.

More
29 Jun 2023 15:46 #108497 by skychan
First, add Autonomic Mastery to this list of cards.

Second, I can't actually find the ruling I thought was made to treat these as before the rulebook changes, and I've been looking. Can someone please point out to me where to find it?

Third, the argument that ending combat via a strike, vs ending combat via a minion not being ready treat damage resolution step differently is basically a non-starter. It would imply that combat ends is not in fact 'faster' than hands for 1 as that hands for 1 is still needing to be dealt with as by rule both combat ends and combat skipping YES SKIPPING to the end combat step avoid the resolve damage step. In support of this I give you Autonomic Mastery which explicitly ends combat after strike resolution, which now explicitly occurs before damage resolution. So this would be a functional change and directly refute the original ruling, as well as be a 'combat ends' effect vs a 'combat ends due to a minion not being ready' effect thereby avoiding the claim that combat end's is somehow trumpier than a minion not being ready.

Anyway I'm just looking for where the specific ruling was put, as it isn't in VDB, not in this thread, not on the card rulings or general ruling on vekn.net.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds