file Fall of London Card rules questions

02 Nov 2022 13:39 - 02 Nov 2022 14:03 #106686 by Palamedes
Hi,
I have some doubts about the card rules from Fall of London:

The Guardian

When The Guardian is locked to enter combat by special text, who is considered an acting minion (who plays first)?

The Shard, London
The card says "card you play", not "you and your minions". Since the cost can also be paid in blood, I assume the card interacts with minion's cards as well (not just Master cards)?

Mobile HQ, Operation Antigen

Is locking Mobile HQ to enter combat cost of the successful action, or is it locked when the action is announced?

Enhanced Coagulant

The strike works only against vampires? You can't deal 3 damage to an ally, right?

Thanks.

Last edit: 02 Nov 2022 14:03 by Palamedes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2022 16:12 - 02 Nov 2022 16:12 #106688 by Ankha

Hi,
I have some doubts about the card rules from Fall of London:

The Guardian

When The Guardian is locked to enter combat by special text, who is considered an acting minion (who plays first)?

Name: The Guardian
[FoL:2]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu
Group: 6
Capacity: 4
Discipline: ani cel pot
Camarilla: The Guardian cannot perform directed actions unless you control a ready unique older Nosferatu. The Guardian can lock after resolution of a successful bleed against you to enter combat with the acting minion.

Cardtext.

The Shard, London
The card says "card you play", not "you and your minions". Since the cost can also be paid in blood, I assume the card interacts with minion's cards as well (not just Master cards)?

Correct. Minion cards are played both by the Methuselah and the minion.

Mobile HQ, Operation Antigen
Is locking Mobile HQ to enter combat cost of the successful action, or is it locked when the action is announced?

Name: Mobile HQ, Operation Antigen
[FoL:1]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Unique location. Operation Antigen.
An Operation Antigen ally you control can lock this location to attempt to enter combat with a vampire as a +1 stealth (D) action. You can lock this location to add enough life to an Operation Antigen ally you control to reach their starting life. You can lock this location and burn 2 pool to cancel an action card that targets an Operation Antigen card you control as it is played; its cost is not paid.

Lock the card in order to announce the action.

Enhanced Coagulant
The strike works only against vampires? You can't deal 3 damage to an ally, right?

Correct, there must be an "opposing vampire" in order to use the strike.

Name: Enhanced Coagulant
[FoL:2]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Weapon.
Strike: 3 unpreventable damage and put this card on the opposing vampire; it becomes a card with "Cards requiring a Discipline cost this vampire +1 blood. After this vampire successfully hunts, burn this card".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Nov 2022 16:12 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palamedes

More
08 Feb 2023 14:31 #107342 by 1muflon1
this might be dumb question, but does enhanced coagulant work at long range? The card says strike not ranged strike, but as far as I know cards like entombment also have just strike there not ranged strike and they do work at range.

More
08 Feb 2023 14:44 #107343 by inm8

does enhanced coagulant work at long range?

No

The card says strike not ranged strike, but as far as I know cards like entombment also have just strike there not ranged strike and they do work at range.

This is incorrect

For strikes to work at long range they MUST explicitly say "ranged" or use "R" (from the rules).

Most strikes are effective only at close range, unless the strike is identified as ranged, does “R” damage

More
12 Feb 2023 14:28 - 12 Feb 2023 14:29 #107380 by self biased
which is a perfect example of having the exception of "unless it does "R" damage being a confusing thing for some people. we could just as easily make it an "R" strike and use the same Circle for the (D) action reminder.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2023 14:29 by self biased.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds