file Malkavian Dementia

07 Dec 2022 11:52 #106941 by Coyote
Malkavian Dementia was created by Coyote
Does the vampire return to its previous owner if it stops being *malkavian as soon as it becomes not *malkavian before the next unlock phase?

Does the vampire return to its previous owner on the next unlock if it stops being *malkavian?

Name: Malkavian Dementia
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U]
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Take control of a ready Malkavian that another Methuselah controls until your next unlock phase.
Artist: Anson Maddocks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2022 14:07 #106943 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Malkavian Dementia

Does the vampire return to its previous owner if it stops being *malkavian as soon as it becomes not *malkavian before the next unlock phase?

Does the vampire return to its previous owner on the next unlock if it stops being *malkavian?

No to both questions.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
07 Dec 2022 16:45 #106946 by Coyote
Replied by Coyote on topic Malkavian Dementia
Thanks

Second answer surprise me.

You mean that if I get, with malkavian dementation, a malkavian vampire and then use clan impersonation to change the clan or, use derange and then Martinelli's ring to burn the derange card, I would keep the vampire?

Name: Clan Impersonation
[AH:C2, CE:C]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
+1 stealth action.
Choose a clan and put this card on the acting vampire. This vampire is considered to be of the chosen clan instead of his or her original clan (if any). This vampire can burn this card as an action.
Artist: Max Shade Fellwalker

Name: Derange
[Sabbat:R, CE:R, Third:R]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Malkavian/Malkavian antitribu
This is a +1 stealth action.
(D) Put this card on a younger vampire. The vampire with this card is considered to be the same clan as the acting vampire. The vampire with this card does not unlock as normal. During his or her controller's unlock phase, he or she may burn 1 blood to unlock. The vampire with this card may move it to another vampire as a (D) action. This card cannot be placed on a Malkavian or Malkavian antitribu.
Artist: Eric LaCombe

Name: Martinelli's Ring
[Third:R, KoT:PV, POD:DTC]
Cardtype: Equipment
Unique.
The bearer cannot have or be the target of cards requiring Malkavian, Malkavian antitribu, Dementation [dem] or Serpentis [ser] (any of these are burned).
Artist: Eric Lofgren

Thanks

More
07 Dec 2022 17:31 - 07 Dec 2022 22:08 #106947 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Malkavian Dementia

Thanks

Second answer surprise me.

I second this, "Take control of a ready Malkavian" is a target requirement and the clan belonging of the minion doesn´t affect the temporary control effect.

Here you (Ankha) saw it as I explained above (before becoming RD).
www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/74584-derange-malkavian-dementia#74612
Last edit: 07 Dec 2022 22:08 by inm8. Reason: Added link and comment

More
07 Dec 2022 21:32 #106949 by Coyote
Replied by Coyote on topic Malkavian Dementia
Thanks. It seems there haven been a misunderstanding.
In my second question I asked if the vampire would return to its owner and when Ankha answered than "No" it was not what I was expecting, and I was looking to find pout why.
I feel that Ankha wanted to say that it would not affect the change of clan, nor about that the vampire would not return to the original owner.

(and it is quite weird. I searched before asking. I don't know how I didn't found that post with such a straight answer)

Thanks both

More
07 Dec 2022 22:14 #106950 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Malkavian Dementia

Thanks. It seems there haven been a misunderstanding.
In my second question I asked if the vampire would return to its owner and when Ankha answered than "No" it was not what I was expecting, and I was looking to find pout why.

This is how I am understanding Ankha´s answer as well (that is why I second your post) which I also find surprising and is opposite to my understanding of what would happen. It is also opposite to his own earlier statement as linked above.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds