compress Burst of sunlight

12 Dec 2022 09:33 - 12 Dec 2022 09:36 #106999 by LucasLinard
Replied by LucasLinard on topic Burst of sunlight
Close range with himself? This makes absolutely no sense.

2. Determine Range

Each round of combat is fought at either close range or long range. Close range is the default for each round.

The range is either close to both, or long to both.

◼ Resolve Strike: The effects of the strikes from both minions are resolved simultaneously. Most strikes are effective only at close range, unless the strike is identified as ranged, does “R” damage

I stand by my point. Burst of sunlight is a strike that does two types of damage. One type is R damage (from strike) and the other one is an environmental "regular" damage that, is subject to the range of the Combat. There is no "close range with himself" anywhere.

I have been away for a few years, but who can examine this question "offi ialy", like LSJ did in the past? Who has the official saying in this kind of questions?
Last edit: 12 Dec 2022 09:36 by LucasLinard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2022 09:34 #107000 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Burst of sunlight

So, the 1 aggravated from burst (to the striking minion) should occur only at close range right?

No, range only matters for applying the effect of the strike to the opposing minion.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kilrauko

More
12 Dec 2022 09:53 #107001 by LucasLinard
Replied by LucasLinard on topic Burst of sunlight
Carrion Crows for example uses the R damage definition and it has nothing to do with the choose strike step.

More
12 Dec 2022 10:31 - 12 Dec 2022 10:33 #107002 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Burst of sunlight

Carrion Crows for example uses the R damage definition and it has nothing to do with the choose strike step.

What is the "choose strike step" doing here?

Range matters only during the strike resolution, and only towards the opposing minion.

Carrion Crows inflict 1R or 2R damage during the strike resolution on the opposing minion.

Burst of Sunlight inflicts 1R or 2R agg damage during the strike resolution on the opposing minion.
The damage inflicted to the striking minion during the strike resolution is not done on the opposing minion, so the range does not matter.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 12 Dec 2022 10:33 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, beslin igor, Kilrauko

More
13 Dec 2022 07:46 #107012 by KoRneeshon
Replied by KoRneeshon on topic Burst of sunlight
OK just forget my answer, Ankha answered it better. By "close range with himself" I meant "at long range" means there's a distance between your minion and opposing minion. On the other hand, the effects played by your minion happen "near him", so no need for "R" requirement.
This was just to help you imagine / understand it better, it has nothing to do with the rules and rulebook.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds