file Can a minion play a card without enought blood when declares the action?

08 May 2023 14:00 #108027 by inm8

And if I understand you, a player only has to declare how the cost is going to be paid but only about cards being used and not "tokens" being used. I mean. You can declare you are going to use Ravnos cache, but you don't have to declare how many tokens from Ravnos cache you are going to use. You decide that at pay time. And you can even use zero counters from Ravnos Cache.

One need to be able to pay the cost when announcing (basically saying how much is from what sources) but one doesn’t commit to that it will be paid as announced, how one actually pay one get to decide at the time the payment is done. Note that if counters and effects from cards e.g. Ravnos Cashe are part of the announcement of how cost will be paid one cannot let the action fizzle by choosing not to use them….while if it wasn’t part of the announcement one isn’t forced to use them and can let the action fizzle.

groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/Gg4M-oPEL3s/m/yPVk-uCkW50J

groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/Gg4M-oPEL3s/m/p9uwagDMboQJ

And just in case I am wrong, and maybe I am still misunderstanding something. Can you confirm that Helena can declare a 1.000.000 blood cost Kindred Coercion with 0 or whatever blood she has?

Correct, you set X to whatever you want as Helena doesn’t need to pay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coyote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2023 07:34 #108042 by Lönkka

Can you confirm that Helena can declare a 1.000.000 blood cost Kindred Coercion with 0 or whatever blood she has?

Splitting hairs here, but at zero blood Helena can only hunt... ;)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 May 2023 10:33 #108043 by Coyote
As far as I know, nothing restricts a zero blood vampire to play reactions cards.
And we are talking about reactions cards. ;)

More
10 May 2023 15:52 - 10 May 2023 15:54 #108057 by Bloodartist
As mentioned earlier, a vampire must be able to pay the cost when they declare the action, even if the cost is only paid when the action is successful. The rule of thumb in VTES is that "You cannot attempt that which you cannot do".

In some cases it is possible to reduce the cost while declaring the action, so that the action becomes possible. For example a vampire with 1 blood can declare an action that costs 2 blood if they reduce the cost with the Line as the action is declared.

Name: The Line
[Anthology:LARP1]
Cardtype: Master
Unique location.
Lock to reduce the cost of an action card played by a vampire you control by 1 blood (this location is not locked if that card is canceled as it is played). Any vampire can steal this location as a (D) action.
Artist: Carmen Cornet

ps. Note that an empty vampire must hunt and cannot perform card actions (unless said card action is also a hunt action).

As far as I know, nothing restricts a zero blood vampire to play reactions cards.

Unless those reaction cards have blood costs.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 10 May 2023 15:54 by Bloodartist.

More
11 May 2023 07:53 #108062 by Coyote

Unless those reaction cards have blood costs.

Yes. I know. That is what we are talking about. Helena can play reaction cards that cost blood even at zero blood because at pay time she doesn't have to pay a single blood drop.

More
12 May 2023 08:20 #108076 by Lönkka
Ah, KC is indeed a reaction card...

My bad :D

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coyote

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds