file Decline to block with mind of the wilds

27 Apr 2024 02:35 #111280 by Charles_Bronson
Minion A is bleeding.
Minion B attempts to block.
Minion A plays mind of the wilds.

Can minion B decline to block? or it is too late?
Is there a window to play mind of the wilds after block? Or the blocking minion cannot decline?

Name: Mind of the Wilds
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Animalism & Auspex
[ani][aus] If this action is blocked, this vampire gets an optional maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat.
[ANI][AUS] As above, with +1 stealth.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2024 08:52 #111282 by inm8

Minion A is bleeding.
Minion B attempts to block.
Minion A plays mind of the wilds.

Can minion B decline to block?

No, generally an attempt to block cannot be opted out of and has to be processed in full i.e. you cannot "decline to block" during an active block attempt.
But if an effect is played that puts a condition or cost "to attempt to block" (e.g. superior Tenebrous Form [ANK 20240402] ) the block attempt is reset and has to be declared anew which means one has the choice to either again attempt to block or to decline to block instead

or it is too late?

It is not about being too late but the fact that there has been no change to be able "to attempt to block" an therefore you continue to be in an active attempt to block.

Is there a window to play mind of the wilds after block?

Yes, no specific timing window is explicitly mentioned in the text and based on the ruling on Mask of a Thousand Faces [LSJ 20010803] it is possible to play a modifier after being blocked but before the block resolution without explicit text being needed.

Or the blocking minion cannot decline?

Cannot decline as covered above... but not sure I understand the question with regards to playing MotW after the block is successful before block resolution.

Mind of the Wilds

Tenebrous Form
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds