times Foreshadowing Destruction IS usable at DOM vs 10+ pool

17 Aug 2011 16:12 #8416 by brandonsantacruz

Klaital is correct. Foreshadowing is playable anytime between announcement and resolution, unless something doesn't allow its play.

LSJ was answering about the timing window.

Here's a ruling that (amongst others) shows Foreshadowing Destruction is played before resolution: [LSJ 20080105] .

Interesting. That not only clarifies something but tells me something I didn't know, namely Foreshadowing Destruction at DOM vs 10+ pool does not trigger the "you can not play *another* action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action" (emphasis mine).

Thank you for the clarification!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2011 16:28 - 17 Aug 2011 16:28 #8417 by Pascal Bertrand

Klaital is correct. Foreshadowing is playable anytime between announcement and resolution, unless something doesn't allow its play.

LSJ was answering about the timing window.

Here's a ruling that (amongst others) shows Foreshadowing Destruction is played before resolution: [LSJ 20080105] .

Interesting. That not only clarifies something but tells me something I didn't know, namely Foreshadowing Destruction at DOM vs 10+ pool does not trigger the "you can not play *another* action modifier to further increase the bleed for this action" (emphasis mine).

Thank you for the clarification!

It does trigger it (when FD is played), and the previously played Conditioning's "you can't play another action modifier to further increase the bleed" is also triggered (when Conditioning is played).
If you play sup' FD against someone on 10, you can't play Conditioning afterwards.

However, since sup' FD doesn't increase the bleed, Conditioning's restriction doesn't bar from playing it.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 16:28 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
17 Aug 2011 16:35 #8419 by brandonsantacruz
Ok, so you could play it like this (assuming your target has 10+ pool):

Govern + Conditioning (lets say at DOM) + Foreshadowing Destruction + stealth (or at least dig for it and hope you get it)

but not

Govern + Foreshadowing Destruction + Conditioning (FD restricts playing another bleed increasing action modifier even though it was not one in the first place)

In case one from above, if I am deflected to someone with less than 10 pool, am I bleeding them for 9 pool?

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
17 Aug 2011 16:39 - 17 Aug 2011 16:39 #8422 by Pascal Bertrand

Govern + Conditioning (lets say at DOM) + Foreshadowing Destruction + stealth (or at least dig for it and hope you get it)

but not

Govern + Foreshadowing Destruction + Conditioning (FD restricts playing another bleed increasing action modifier even though it was not one in the first place)

Correct.

In case one from above, if I am deflected to someone with less than 10 pool, am I bleeding them for 9 pool?

Yes.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 16:39 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
17 Aug 2011 16:43 #8423 by Klaital
Whats even more fun is if its Chris Houghton with aching beauty bleeding a prey at exactly 10 pool, you play govern, conditioning, foreshadowing, then let yourself be blocked, making them burn a pool for aching beauty, and then continue action with form of mist and boom its a bleed for 9 and prey ousted!

More
17 Aug 2011 17:10 #8425 by brandonsantacruz

but not

Correct.

Yes.

Thank you!

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds