file Karsh ADV and Imperator

08 Sep 2011 21:35 - 08 Sep 2011 21:37 #9780 by TorranceCircle
Robert Scythe wrote:

Part of the OP's question has not been answered. I believe that if a vampire receives a justicar title via the vote card whilst in possession of the same vote card, the second one would burn the first. So, the question is whether Karsh (base or adv) having the Imperator card on him would burn it by merging, effectively losing 3 votes during bloodhunt referendums.

TorranceCircle wrote:

I was thinking about this too. I think if he has the vote card and then is merged, he would burn the card because the text would take precedence. But if he is merged, then given the title, I think he would still burn the vote card because he already has the title (similar to your example above). However, the title in his text is the same in name as that given by the political action but it is different in the abilities it gives.

I wonder what Pascal will say.

Why ?
Imperator is just unique camarilla title worth 3 votes with no additional rules, he gain 3 votes in blood hunt via political action card text and 3 votes from his own card text

No, he would lose the title that his merged ability gives and then gain the title from the card and its ability to gain 3 additional bloodhunt votes. .

Nope. These days the title-granting cards have all been rewritten so that the title IS the card. So if you lose the title, you lose the card.

Now I am really confused. So I have Karsh unmerged. I give him the imperator title via the political action card. I then merge him. He becomes the imperator replacing the imperator title given by the political action card. Since the title given by the card is gone then, isn't the card gone as well? And by default the ability from the card gone as well?
Last edit: 08 Sep 2011 21:37 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2011 00:38 - 09 Sep 2011 00:39 #9783 by Juggernaut1981
If you have Unmerged Karsh, give him the Imperator Vote Title and then Merge Karsh you will lose the Imperator Vote Card since he will gain the new title Imperator from merging which will replace his previous title of Imperator Vote Card. This gives him 6 votes in a Bloodhunt referendum.

If you have Merged Karsh and give him the Imperator Vote Title, Karsh would lose his Merged Imperator and gain Imperator Vote Title which results in him having 9 votes in a Bloodhunt Referendum.

All of this assuming that when you gain a title you already have, that you lose the previous title. E.g. Justicar to Prince = lose old, gain new. Prince of Berlin to Prince of Berlin = lose old Prince of Berlin to gain new Prince of Berlin.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 09 Sep 2011 00:39 by Juggernaut1981.

More
09 Sep 2011 01:27 #9786 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: Karsh ADV and Imperator
I think your last paragraph is wrong, juggers. And also not too relevant. If you are the Prince of Berlin and gain the Prince of Berlin title, you lose your old Berlin title, and gain the new Berlin title.

--
salem

More
09 Sep 2011 03:27 #9789 by Robert Scythe

Now I am really confused. So I have Karsh unmerged. I give him the imperator title via the political action card. I then merge him. He becomes the imperator replacing the imperator title given by the political action card. Since the title given by the card is gone then, isn't the card gone as well? And by default the ability from the card gone as well?

Yes and yes, you seem to have no confusion.

I think your last paragraph is wrong, juggers. And also not too relevant. If you are the Prince of Berlin and gain the Prince of Berlin title, you lose your old Berlin title, and gain the new Berlin title.

It sounds like you are only repeating what he said, making his statement correct and relevant to the topic at hand since we are determining if Karsh loses his repeated title (through merging or gaining the Imperator title card when the other exists).

More
09 Sep 2011 06:31 #9794 by Pascal Bertrand

Part of the OP's question has not been answered.

Ah, yes, thanks.

If Karsh ADV is unmerged, and has been named Imperator from the political action, does he have 3 votes for his title and 6 additional votes in a blood hunt referendum? For a total of 9 during a blood hunt referendum?

Correct.

If so, what happens when unmerged ADV Imperator Karsh becomes merged? Does he go down to 6 votes?

He still has 3 votes, but down from 9 to 6 in Blood Hunt referendums, yes. As all Title cards, Imperator is burned if the holder gets a new title.

If that is the case, would an already merged Karsh becoming Imperator via political action, get 3 votes (Imperator) 3 Blood hunt votes (Imperator) and 3 Blood hunt votes (Karsh ADV text)?

Yes.

More
09 Sep 2011 09:40 #9806 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Karsh ADV and Imperator
True question is, Why would you play Imperator card in Karsh ADV deck ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds