file Possible counterfeit VtES cards sold on EBay?

28 Feb 2013 20:04 - 28 Feb 2013 20:51 #45569 by James Lin
So I bought some cards on EBay to complete some of my in-progress decks. One of the cards is a rare from 3rd Edition. Now I know 3rd Edition cuts were rough on the edges and so I noticed this one card edge is all smooth, and on top of that, it felt a bit thinner. So I took out a third edition copy from my deck and compared. The new one is obviously darker.

I thought 3rd Edition were one print, but maybe you guys know better, could it possibly be a legit copy and I'm just overly paranoid? Thanks.

Get busy living or get busy dying

----Andy Dufresne
Last edit: 28 Feb 2013 20:51 by James Lin. Reason: i'm a spelling nazi.. gotta correct myself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2013 20:35 #45570 by ReverendRevolver
Ive had color differences before, and my wife has bought boosters of gehenna that were from the same store, same box, and had the same common darker in one pack than another. I think she also had this happen with a kmw setite.

Given the trouble it is to conterfeit cards, i doubt that theres much profit in counterfeiting vtes, especially 3rd ed. Fn rares, monostary, cog, summon history i could see maybe, but given the fact that only a few thousand people tops would be after even those cards at a price comparable to normal, its not profitable enough to pull off
If its really odd, have someone whos really ocd about cards look at it if you get thechance(cough cough, kevin), since things being off jumps out at them glaringly. Ive seen cards cut wrong, and ive even seen a dreams of the sphinx turn blue on the green parts because Cashdollar left it on his dashboard. But ive yet to see someone trying to counterfeit our game. Key word is yet though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Lin

More
28 Feb 2013 23:46 #45572 by direwolf
If we are playing this weekend, I will take a look at it James. I have a good eye for paper.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Lin

More
04 Mar 2013 14:10 #45649 by Shockwave
Playing Devil's Advocate at the moment*, but based on the current corporate disregard from CCP/WW/Hasbro, is there any reason the general playing population should even care if someone counterfeits cards?

* And by this, I mean I'm fully aware there's a tonne of reasons around the possible ressurection of the game to make, but I'm just accepting those reasons exist, and don't generally impact on the Joe Public Player.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
04 Mar 2013 14:15 #45650 by Ohlmann

Playing Devil's Advocate at the moment*, but based on the current corporate disregard from CCP/WW/Hasbro, is there any reason the general playing population should even care if someone counterfeits cards?

Yes. You buy something and receive something else. I put that on the same level as the beef/horse meat substitution in europe : no real consequence for the buyer, but punisheable dishonesty from the seller.

More
04 Mar 2013 14:22 #45651 by Shockwave
Oh, if they're selling them as genuine, then of course I have issue with it.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds