file Official MtG iOS and Android apps.

07 Jan 2012 00:23 #20203 by KzArashi
Source: ICv2

"In what could be a gamechanger that could solidfy Magic sales for years to come, Wizards of the Coast today unveiled the Magic: The Gathering Toolbox, a free app for iOS devices that will be released later this month.  An Android version of the app is in production and will come out soon thereafter.  The new app supports the M:TG Trading Card Game (as well as Magic Online) with features that help players keep track of the points they earn with an advanced life counter for their Magic games, as well as aid in building decks, researching strategies, searching and filtering all 10,000 M:TG cards (it’s like having the Gatherer in your pocket).  Other features include a schedule of events, player profile section, and both an “E-store” and a brick-and-mortar “Store Locator” function."

Well. No, I'm not a MtG player. But couldn't be só sad that VTES have not get his way to The next level, like his older brother.
Know that becouse VEKN VTES is still alive. I am talking about vision. A vision that CCP and WW don't reached. If WW were at Hasbro hands and not CCP, may be things could be better and by that time I was playing VTES on my PS3 or something like this.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 11:36 #20283 by Ankha
There's VampiDroid on the Android Market that is a very nice tool with all the cards (despite some bugs).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Jan 2012 12:29 #20284 by KzArashi
Yep. But Vampdroid is fanwork, not official. A great fanwork bay The Way.
So, VTES needed a fan to make that great work.

Some will say that MtG is a money maker. But vision was what get this.
Vampires are trends again, and still no vision is here to surf The wave and make some money.

To see the lack of vision even WW's digital books have a poor distribution. They are only pdf and will not find then on Amazon or iTunes.

See VTM20th, a obvious blockbuster and got a limited divulgation and restrict print. And The digital version still on The dumb distribution format.

Evolve or die!!!!!
Have vision or get lost in the dust of the road!!!!

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore

More
08 Jan 2012 14:31 #20287 by Adonai

Evolve or die!!!!!

Great business advice there.
Its ~4 years too late for WW though, not that they are ever going to consider reading this forum.

More
09 Jan 2012 10:35 #20357 by wastaz

Evolve or die!!!!!

Great business advice there.
Its ~4 years too late for WW though, not that they are ever going to consider reading this forum.

I actually do think that "evolve or die" is good business advice. If we could only get the record companies to listen to it everyone would be better off...

On topic though.
Vampidroid is a great little app...for reference or settling quick disputes.
It's horrible for say designing a deck list or doing more advanced searches (Give me all followers of set in G3-4-5 that shares at least two disciplines with Lutz). Actually, from what I've seen we dont even have a tool on the computer that can do something like that.

I'd love to have an ipad app that is designed for deckbuilding. Giving me a very advances search interface, an easy way to run some basic statistics on the deck quickly, a quick way to post it on secretlibrary, cards with graphics (would be nice but might be a problem due to copyright)... And iPad would be the perfect platform for this since it is large enough to work with, the phones are just too small.

I work as a system developer and I would love to code an app like this. But that would require a database of all the cards (which maybe some nice person already has got somewhere), someone who knows the legal side to say something about how the copyright for the graphics works, and the main problem - an iOS developer license + a mac to develop this on (since iOS development is only officially supported on macs). And even though I would love to have such an application, I really cant find the motivation to spend that kind of money in order to make one myself. :)

Off-topic again:
I am really really really really annoyed that Im not able to buy a real paper-version of VTM20th. I -so- do not want it in PDF, but I'm prepared to pay a -lot- of money for it as a book...but nooo, white-wolf doesn't want to have my money. PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY WHITE WOLF! *cries*

More
09 Jan 2012 10:57 #20358 by Ohlmann

Off-topic again:
I am really really really really annoyed that Im not able to buy a real paper-version of VTM20th. I -so- do not want it in PDF, but I'm prepared to pay a -lot- of money for it as a book...but nooo, white-wolf doesn't want to have my money. PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY WHITE WOLF! *cries*

With my RPG association, we have done a group command in order to actually have the paper books. WW handled it extremely badly and we still don't have them, while some who had pay for pay-per-print already have the manual.

In short : WW sucks ball with 20th edition. I fully intent to stop to buy anything at WW or CCP, because if they handle everything like that ...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds