file On Parity Shift 6. "problematic card".

21 Nov 2011 17:25 #15292 by Joscha
This is the sixth thread of the discussions about cards some people see as problematic.

This is a collection of arguments for keeping the card as it is (PRO card) or changing it in whatever way (CONTRA card).

It would be most useful, if you could write above your entry, if your arguments are PRO or CONTRA the card as it is to attain best clarity of what speaks in favor of the card and what does not.

After 7 days of discussion I will initialize a poll about that specific card, in which the alternatives can be found.

Parity Shift [Jyhad:V, VTES:V, CE:U]
Cardtype: Political Action
prince or justicar.
Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate X of his or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including you), where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is allocated as you announced.

PRO
The best political action in the game indeed. It absolutely shines at the start of the game with five meths at the table. Most often though you have to buy votes with the pool of the target, so most often it is not a simple prey -5, me +5 as some people seem to believe. Sure if you have vote lock you can do what you want. But then you are in a very favourable situation anyway with a vote deck.
In the lategame Parity Shift is not that good anymore, in a heads on you almost always wish it to be a Kine Resources Contested. Okay, -2/+2 is decent, but you have to have a lower pool and that is dangerous.
Some people state it is unfair that the Camarilla vampires have such a good pol. action, independent clans have Reckless Agitation and only Sabbat has nothing. I'd say improve Sabbat vote and don't ban or change Parity Shift.
But that's just me of course.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 17:32 #15296 by Ankha
PRO

There's nothing wrong with Parity Shift.
It's not trivial to kill someone with it, unless you're yourself low on pool, which can be dangerous if blocked or delayed.
It has some strong requirements (Prince/Justicar+ less pool).
It has an interesting negociation part (how to divide pool).
It is interesting for table control (give pool to your grand-prey to save her for example).

It's stronger than Finding the Path, sure, but has nothing broken in it. You can see it coming miles away, so intercept/delaying will usually screw the deck counting too much on it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Pendargon

More
21 Nov 2011 17:44 #15303 by Kraus
PRO

Nothing wrong with it, to be honest. :) Holy cow it's powerful, but there're so many things to counter it with I can't really see it as that much of a problem.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
21 Nov 2011 17:49 #15308 by Pendargon
PRO

For all the reasons Ankha said. He summed it up quite nicely

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
21 Nov 2011 17:57 #15311 by wastaz
PRO

My main beefs with this card is that it has low availability and that the sabbat has no vote which can rival it. Both of these two beefs can be fixed by instead giving sabbat a good vote card in the upcoming expansion. Id rather see that "fix" implemented.

More
21 Nov 2011 18:00 #15313 by Lech
CONTRA

It's 10 pool swing in many cases. Reduce it by 1 point or ban outright.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds