file On Parity Shift 6. "problematic card".

22 Nov 2011 10:36 #15440 by alek
PRO
maybe minor tweak would be welcome, like making pool loss equal to X-1.
As Ankha point out it's not true that PS makes other vote decks not worthy.
And I totally agree with Lonkka. Each discipline/ clan/ sect should have it's own specificity. Making everything same would create most boring CCG ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 11:55 #15454 by Ashur

... although I think the Sabbat should get a similar card.

Really?
Like all animals need to be equal?
Sabbat has gazillion cards available for the, and even more if you count Black Hand. Should Camarilla have their own versions of these?

Why not make PS for independents and Laibons while we're at it?

Sheeesh!

I think Parity Shift is much stronger than the vote cards now available for the Sabbat. The game would be better balanced if the Sabbat had a PS too, or a similar card, like the one Myrdin suggested in another thread.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
22 Nov 2011 12:02 #15455 by wastaz

Why not make PS for independents and Laibons while we're at it?

Independents has Reckless Agitation which is a _really_ nice vote. Might not be as awesome as PS when it goes through, but it's still a really powerful card. I'm not saying that Sabbat should get its own PS, but maybe a vote with a similiar level of awesomeness. Sure, it fits thematically that camarilla is the votey-votey's, but I do feel that it would do the game good if the sabbat got a -more powerful- sabbat-specific vote than the ones they currently have. It doesn't have to be as awesome as PS, but it would be nice to have something at least in the power-class of Reckless Agitation.

More
22 Nov 2011 12:03 #15456 by elotar
CONTRA

10 pool, WTF?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 Nov 2011 14:41 #15483 by bakija

Any proof of this?

About as much proof as you have: Anecdotal evidence. And experience.

During a tournament I was at this past weekend, there were three vote decks. All three of them were Camarilla with PS (2x Toreador AAA decks; 1x Nosferatu breed/boon). I see far, far more Camarilla vote decks with PS than any other type of vote deck in competitive play. I haven't done the checking yet, but I'm sure the TWDA would bear out this experience.

During the EC, I've seen more Sabbat vote decks than Camarilla, which proves that non-Camarilla vote decks are perfectly functional.

What were they doing? And why couldn't they be doing the exact same thing as Camarilla versions of those decks, but also have Parity Shift?

More
22 Nov 2011 14:53 #15486 by brandonsantacruz
PRO
It is a strong card that requires a prince/justicar. Play some DI, DT or intercept and it should be too big of a problem to defend against. Sabbat need better votes, we know that.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds