file On Parity Shift 6. "problematic card".

22 Nov 2011 21:19 #15561 by bakija

It just struck me that stealth might be a "problematic effect", if so it should probably have a thread and/or poll.

Dude. This entire forum is filled with discussions of cards that may or may not be overpowered. Don't, like, hassle *me* 'cause I'm in a discussion about a card that someone wanted to discuss the pros and cons of with random snark. If you don't like the discussion, don't freaking read it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 21:24 - 22 Nov 2011 21:24 #15562 by bakija

I did a quick check earlier. There are 76 decks this year with political actions listed, 36 of those included Parity Shift (for comparison 46 included KRC, 41 included Banishment, only 4 included Reckless Agitation).

What I ended up with in 2011:

-Decks that have Parity Shift in them: 35

-Decks that have Political Actions but can't possibly have Parity Shift in them: 27

-Decks that have Political Actions in them, and could, but don't, have Parity Shift in them: 10

This was in no way a scientific evaluation. I probably missed some decks one way or the other. There were multiple decks (included above) that have a very limited number of Political Actions (i.e. they aren't something that you could really call a Vote Deck); i.e. a deck that had just a couple votes in it. Many of those included Parity Shifts.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2011 21:24 by bakija.

More
22 Nov 2011 21:32 #15567 by KevinM

It just struck me that stealth might be a "problematic effect", if so it should probably have a thread and/or poll.

Either you're going to create that thread yourself or you're being a jerk. If the former, I look forward to discussing it in your thread. If the latter, please stop.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
23 Nov 2011 07:19 #15603 by Ankha

I did a quick check earlier. There are 76 decks this year with political actions listed, 36 of those included Parity Shift (for comparison 46 included KRC, 41 included Banishment, only 4 included Reckless Agitation).

What I ended up with in 2011:

-Decks that have Parity Shift in them: 35

-Decks that have Political Actions but can't possibly have Parity Shift in them: 27

-Decks that have Political Actions in them, and could, but don't, have Parity Shift in them: 10

This was in no way a scientific evaluation. I probably missed some decks one way or the other. There were multiple decks (included above) that have a very limited number of Political Actions (i.e. they aren't something that you could really call a Vote Deck); i.e. a deck that had just a couple votes in it. Many of those included Parity Shifts.

And how many Parity Shift decks were based on the new KoT crypts? Because I've noticed that a lot of people like Dmitra, Mary-Anne and those cool princes/justicar from the last set.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
23 Nov 2011 08:26 - 23 Nov 2011 08:28 #15606 by Tosh
Maybe Parity Shift could have an errata:- a 4 pool limit, and usable by Archbishops & a Cardinal (Only one Cardinal per player can call a Parity Shift).

Read something like this:-

Parity Shift:-

Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any prince, justicar, Archbishop or Cardinal at +1 stealth. Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate X of his or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including you), where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game (no more than a maximum of 4 pool can be taken from another Methuselah). Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is allocated as you announced.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 08:28 by Tosh.

More
23 Nov 2011 09:21 #15608 by Lech
Parity Shift
Political Action
Requires a prince, justicar, archbishop or prisci.
Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate X of his or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including you), where X is the number of other Methuselahs in the game. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is allocated as you announced.

This version require way less unnecessary text changes and also limit it to 4. Imo, it's way better.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds