file Limit master cards?

23 May 2012 16:11 - 23 May 2012 16:24 #31078 by RoddimusPrime

I saw this kind of conversation few times when it goes about:
pentex, anthelios, lilith's blessing, tupdogs...even direct int...

If you combare Pentex or LB with MMPA you don´t really understand much about this.

Glad you know so much about my knowledge of the game and these forums.

My point isn't that X card(s) = Ashur Tablets/MMPA. My point is that I have seen quite a few different things come up along the way in VTES about things being OP, people clamoring for a card to get banned or altered (like the ones I mentioned), and there are few times where it is warranted. The Imbued who were brought into a game when operating on their own mechanics screwed things over a little and with the two cards gone that really gave them an edge (no pun intended) the game was much more balanced.

To continue this theme if we made a text change or banned a card every time someone thought it should be done and found something annoying then our landscape would be much different (again, cards like Parity Shift, Pentex, etc.). Some would think for the better and for the majority they would be saying not to change it. Keep in mind only so many people visit these forums. And to be honest I am more concerned about keeping people rather than introducing more difficulties or changes in the game at this point. And yes, give enough changes to a now defunct game and you risk shedding a few players.

MMPA decks may be annoying, but it isn't like they aren't beatable. I have never had an issue facing one. Not even annoying versions you have mentioned. And like any other tables that declare someone an issue (Imbued Table Poison, Malk 94, etc.), people tend to work together to solve such issues. So your point that it imbalances a game to have play to against them that way is moot.

Further, as someone else pointed out Ashur Tablets are used in decks that don't do the whole MMPA trick with Anthelios/Master tricks. Recycling what you need such as combat, intercept, stealth, and so on doesn't need to turn into an Evil MMPA deck. Heck, Nana and Anson decks with combat don't have to do that. And looking at various tournament wins in the TWDA I see plenty of tournaments won that are not the Evil MMPA referenced in this forum. Using Ahsurs doesn't automatically make a deck MMPA nor does it mean it will be Girls, etc.

I simply would not be convinced at this point (nor likely the future) that something needs to happen at this moment as there is no good answer that doesn't either drastically hose other decks or completely reduce/ban Ashur Tablets.

The Inner Circle would most likely have to have a unanimous agreement something needs to be done and that they have a way that will please the majority of people. And I don't see that happening either.

I get that you are discontent with the way things are and feel something should be done as it is your opinion to have. But, you cannot force others to believe what you do. And while that may not be your goal, it sometimes comes across that only your opinion counts as the truth. Not a good way to convince people.
Last edit: 23 May 2012 16:24 by RoddimusPrime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2012 06:31 #31096 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Limit master cards?

I have talked to just about every top player in Sweden, and some others, on this subject - all agree that MMPA:s are very, very strong and that the problem should be adressed _in some way_.

Is this the same Sweden that Isak just discussed in a recent C&E episode having following meta: little or no combat as well as little or no intercept, so no serious stealth is really needed?

Based on this I sure can understand your concern as people just seem to want to have therr cake and eat it too (ie. play their own deck which does its own thang) without actually diluting the brilliant concept behind it in order to be prepared for certain archetypes and such.

But banning/changing something that bothers your deck isn't really a good an option for the game. It seems that the trend in Sweden is to play only the few tier 1 decks and there ain't that many of those to begin with. Removing one archetype (MMPA) isn't going to help the game's diversity even on the short run :(

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Jussi

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 May 2012 07:40 #31098 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Limit master cards?

I have talked to just about every top player in Sweden, and some others, on this subject - all agree that MMPA:s are very, very strong and that the problem should be adressed _in some way_.

Is this the same Sweden that Isak just discussed in a recent C&E episode having following meta: little or no combat as well as little or no intercept, so no serious stealth is really needed?

Whoever started that rumor forgot that there are more cities in Sweden than just Göteborg, Stockholm and Örebro. Where I come from you will often be shut down hard if you have little to none combat defense and/or stealth.

More
24 May 2012 13:04 #31108 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: Limit master cards?

Whoever started that rumor forgot that there are more cities in Sweden than just Göteborg, Stockholm and Örebro. Where I come from you will often be shut down hard if you have little to none combat defense and/or stealth.

Sorry if I made it sound like I know what's going on in every playing group in the whole of Sweden. I were speaking about those casual play group I have played in and the tournament scene. I don't know much about the Malmö/Copenhagen cooperation, but it's more or less Denmark down there anyways :P

But Lönkka's post is still relevant. You have to try to abuse the meta and the weaknesses of different deck to really improve you chances.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
24 May 2012 16:40 #31118 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Limit master cards?

But Lönkka's post is still relevant. You have to try to abuse the meta and the weaknesses of different deck to really improve you chances.

Which is why when Finnish combat heavy decks visit Swedish tournament scene they often tend to do well.

I'm just wondering why the locals don't do it that much?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 May 2012 19:48 #31119 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: Limit master cards?
when choosing a deck within the 'minion control' category (refering the latest C&E) we tend to go mind rape(+abactor)/banishement/purge/spirit marionette instead. Usally tends to end up stronger...

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds