file less is more... ?

14 Sep 2012 12:29 - 14 Sep 2012 12:34 #36801 by ReverendRevolver
Every g1 big cap could use at least One basic discipline turned superior. Anneke , Anson, Roxanne, basilia , and a few other vamps (masika and the 8 cap ventrue Prince) are solid. Angus, beg, democratus, appolonious should have big fortitude and appolonious should get like +1 strength as well.

some combat cards should cost up to One less blood, like body flare and mythic form, and maybe blood of acid, but most agg should cost blood. street cred should be once each combat and still cost a blood, so that affective rushing untapped and tasting can make pool or minions for gargoyles (indy gargoyles are hard.to do because they have no bloat and limited pool defense with pricey allies and retainers) and can give other combat decks bloat without wasting an action that could be a rush.

I would like to see some cards get changed, but not many for the sake of limiting confusion. but we just have to live with brick laying and gangrel devo sucking.

also, minions with+2 strength, access to agg, damage prevention, maneuvers, and superior grapple being rushable through redlist is just funny. enky and Q are not rushed often. I think redlist rush actions should cost no blood as well.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 12:34 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 14:42 #36814 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: less is more... ?
I think this exercise would be more interesting/productive and less likely to get mired in disagreement if it was limited to cards that are clearly wallpaper today. Street Cred, Well Aimed Car etc do NOT fit in this category. We're talking Eyes of the Dead and Mummify here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
14 Sep 2012 15:01 - 14 Sep 2012 15:24 #36818 by porphyrion
Replied by porphyrion on topic Re: less is more... ?
wow great - thanks for the multitude of ideas, everybody!

Every g1 big cap could use at least One basic discipline turned superior. Anneke , Anson, Roxanne, basilia , and a few other vamps (masika and the 8 cap ventrue Prince) are solid. Angus, beg, democratus, appolonious should have big fortitude...

Very much agreed.
Perhaps any 'non-Prince GR1' with capacity :cap9: or :cap10: could be given a discipline card for which they already possess the inferior discipline upon entering the game from the uncontrolled region? (a bit like Seterpenre's special, meaning no capacity-gain for that specific discipline master- ; and the discipline master could come from either the library/hand/ash heap). This prevents the disciplines from going all over the place while at the same time giving them some much needed extra punch and *options!* (they lack options because GR1 lacks all of the following disciplies: :abo: :chi: :dai: :dem: :mel: :myt: :obe: :obt: :qui: :san: :ser: :spi: :tem: :thn: :val: :vic: :vis: , not to mention :mal: or :str: ). quite shocking actually, even if you leave out the Bloodline-disciplines.

Some notes:
_Princes are good enough as it is, even in GR1 (Anson especially of course, but even Cardano, Sir Walter or Gilbert Duane totally rock when compared to their non-Prince Elders (except for Anneke who would gain :dom: while she already has Tier-1-deck-capabilities, I see no other problems right now. Sheldon's discipline spread becomes jaw-dropping but still not totally overdone since he's :nosf: ;-) ).
_Masika wouldn't take advantage of this btw because his three disciplines are already at superior :AUS: :CEL: :PRE: anyway.
_Because only :cap9: or :cap10: are involved, the number of vampires in play making use of this GR1/GR6-abilty will be limited to just a few vampires each game (the game will still be the same 99,9% but can now be played through some other vampires as well).
_Jyhad GR1 Vampires, i might add, a lot of us have in abundance in our collections anyway.
_Playing Tremere :trem: with celerity :CEL: (flurry of action!) would actually become a possibility (Cassandra, Ulugh, Lazarus, perhaps even together with Lucian :malk: ).
_The total lack of Necromancy :nec: in GR1 makes this harder to abuse than in Seterpenre's case.

-- my $0.O5, what do you all think? i think it might be worth playtesting.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 15:24 by porphyrion.

More
14 Sep 2012 15:06 - 14 Sep 2012 15:09 #36819 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: less is more... ?
Initial suggestions:

Mummify - Combat
:ser: Strike: combat ends. This vampire untaps and goes into torpor; put this card on the vampire. This vampire cannot attempt a leave torpor action. Burn this card if the vampire leaves torpor. during your next discard phase and remove this vampire from torpor, tapped.
:SER: As above, but this vampire may attempt a leave torpor action.

Beyond Reproach - Political Action
Requires a prince.
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. Untitled vampires and primogen cannot attempt political actions (except to remove this card) and get one less vote during political actions. This card may be burned by a referendum called by any vampire as a +1 stealth political action.

Death Pact - Action - 1 blood
This card is an action card that becomes a retainer card. +1 stealth action.
:nec: (D) Put this card on a ready vampire. If that vampire is burned, put this card on the vampire who brought this card into play. This card then represents a wraith retainer with 2 life. Once each combat, the vampire with this retainer may change one damage from aggravated to normal or prevent one non-aggravated damage.
:NEC: As above, but the retainer has 3 life. and untap the acting vampire.

Eyes of the Serpent - Action modifier / Combat
:ser: This acting minion cannot be blocked by allies until the end of this action, and younger vampires get -1 intercept.
:SER: Strike: combat ends. Only usable in combat with an ally, or burn 1 blood to use in combat with a younger vampire.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 15:09 by finbury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goronaga

More
14 Sep 2012 15:15 #36820 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: less is more... ?

quite shocking actually, even if you leave out the Bloodline-disciplines.

Actually, that's quite reasonable, considering all the disciplines you mentioned weren't, as far as game goes, yet invented. G1 had no sabbat based disciplines, like VIC (Tzimisce) or OBT (Lasombras) nor indipendent-based disciplines (NEC, QUI, SER, CHI) since back in 1994 Camarilla and its 7(ish) clans were the only clans in the game. It would be very silly to have a vamp with a discipline that doesn't yet exist in the game.

However, I find your proposal reasonable, even if it should probably exclude several vampires (as you mentioned some).

More
14 Sep 2012 18:05 #36826 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: less is more... ?
I really think making solid Advanced version of those vamps is a better idea than making massive errata.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Boris The Blade, Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds