file Confiscation - Sabbat Parity Shift

09 Jan 2013 14:12 #43802 by Franz
Ok, seing all the construtive feedback on this thread, I decided to give it a go for a parity shift like Sabbat Card... How about this:

Confiscation
Political Action
Requires a Cardinal or Regent, 2 Blood
Choose a Methuselah. You steal X pool from the chosen Methuselah where X is one third (rounded up) of the capacity of the acting vampire. The acting vampire may not play action modifiers which will give blood or pool during this action. If this referendum fails or is canceled, the acting vampire takes 2 aggravated damage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2013 14:58 #43803 by Kiddo

Confiscation
Political Action
Requires a Cardinal or Regent, 2 Blood
Choose a Methuselah. You steal X pool from the chosen Methuselah where X is one third (rounded up) of the capacity of the acting vampire. The acting vampire may not play action modifiers which will give blood or pool during this action. If this referendum fails or is canceled, the acting vampire takes 2 aggravated damage.

Well, I'm not quite sure. True, the fact that there is no requirement to have less pool than your target is great and the fact that the ammount of pool stolen doesn't relate to the # of players in the game make this card very strong.
However, the cost, the loss of flexibility (you only steal pool for yourself), the inability to Voter and the usually auto-torpor for every DI or delay or some reactional vote and, mostly, the restriction to only Cardinals and Regents (yeah)...I'm not sure how playable this card actually is.

More
09 Jan 2013 20:12 #43823 by alasteir
I would limit this card only to Cardinals. the Lore says the Cardinals are the strong part of the Sabbat, the regent is only representative. And you should remember the sabbat is less powerfull than the camarilla. this card should be underpowered.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
09 Jan 2013 21:34 - 09 Jan 2013 21:35 #43830 by Boris The Blade

I would limit this card only to Cardinals. the Lore says the Cardinals are the strong part of the Sabbat, the regent is only representative.

Impossible: the Regent counts as a Cardinal for all cards and effects. Actually, the Regent requirement on the card is redundant (but still a useful reminder), a Regent could play the card even without it.

And you should remember the sabbat is less powerfull than the camarilla. this card should be underpowered.

That is terrible CCG design. Bad cards do not get played, and the game does not need more wallpapers.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2013 21:35 by Boris The Blade.

More
09 Jan 2013 22:30 #43832 by Ohlmann

And you should remember the sabbat is less powerfull than the camarilla. this card should be underpowered.

In addition to balance problem, it's flat-out wrong in lore term anyway.

More
09 Jan 2013 22:45 #43834 by jhattara

I would limit this card only to Cardinals. the Lore says the Cardinals are the strong part of the Sabbat, the regent is only representative.

Impossible: the Regent counts as a Cardinal for all cards and effects. Actually, the Regent requirement on the card is redundant (but still a useful reminder), a Regent could play the card even without it.

This is not correct. The current card text of Regent made it so that it doesn't act as cardinal. All cards that had Cardinal as a requirement were amended so that they also had Regent as a requirement.

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=Regent
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?lib=search&text=regent

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds