file What no sticky?

09 Sep 2011 01:05 #9784 by direwolf
What no sticky? was created by direwolf
I think this section of the forum could use a sticky.

First of all, is someone compiling a list of ideas and organizing them? I know there is some talk of trying to unofficially continue making cards for this game since it is not longer in print. Will someone involved in those endeavors be reading these suggestions?

I'm the type that comes up with ideas, and I'm all for sharing them, but I would like there to be a purpose beyond kicking around ascii characters across a screen.

If indeed these cards would be printed there should be some sort of developmental process... Ideas get discussed and rehashed on the community level and submitted to a committee to be approved for playtesting. "Print and Play" the playtest cards and players submit feedback. Cards are adjusted by the design team as required.

If there is a place for this type of discussion, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise a summary of suggestions might be a good idea. When this thread gets too big, it will be hard to read through all of the suggestions easily.

Anyway these are my thoughts. Like i said I come up with ideas. Unfortunately I'm not so good at executing.

Discuss.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2011 01:14 #9785 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: What no sticky?

First of all, is someone compiling a list of ideas and organizing them? I know there is some talk of trying to unofficially continue making cards for this game since it is not longer in print. Will someone involved in those endeavors be reading these suggestions? Discuss.

If you aren't part of the design team, I don't think that you need to worry about this. :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Sep 2011 03:02 #9788 by glaswanderer
Replied by glaswanderer on topic Re: What no sticky?
Well, since the game is dead, theoretically there is no design team. If there is one in place, who are they and are they actually going to make and produce anything? Since I've personally made about 200 new cards I guess I'm a design team. CreaCartas dnn.vtes.net , a few ideas, and a color printer, and poof!I've designed sets for the next few years.

Prince of Puyallup

More
09 Sep 2011 04:08 #9790 by KevinM

Well, since the game is dead, theoretically there is no design team. If there is one in place, who are they and are they actually going to make and produce anything? Since I've personally made about 200 new cards I guess I'm a design team. CreaCartas dnn.vtes.net , a few ideas, and a color printer, and poof!I've designed sets for the next few years.

Well, if you think you're on the Design Team, then you aren't. I'm certainly not.

I think people need to realize that other than a fantastic meeting place on the internet, there isn't much that's going to change in the "processes" that govern our game, because most were pretty darn good.

So what will happen is that people will post their cool new card ideas here, and the Design Team will see them, and when new cards come out, they come out. If you are TEH AWESOME!!11! then you might get asked to become part of the Design Team. Or you won't. Either way, keep posting your card ideas.

More
09 Sep 2011 23:52 #9849 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: What no sticky?

I think people need to realize that other than a fantastic meeting place on the internet, there isn't much that's going to change in the "processes" that govern our game, because most were pretty darn good.

So what will happen is that people will post their cool new card ideas here, and the Design Team will see them, and when new cards come out, they come out. If you are TEH AWESOME!!11! then you might get asked to become part of the Design Team. Or you won't. Either way, keep posting your card ideas.

Ok are you saying there IS a design process going on? Is there someone reading these ideas that might actually get compiled into something official, or even something semi-official? Even if they don't get cleared for tournament play, it would be nice to have a system in place for fair and balanced cards that could be used in casual play.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
10 Sep 2011 01:00 #9852 by KevinM

Even if they don't get cleared for tournament play, it would be nice to have a system in place for fair and balanced cards that could be used in casual play.

'Casual' play is as irrelevant to the VEKN. Why should they, or any governing body, care one bit how you play their game/sport when you aren't playing for meaning or consequences? Why do you want the official governing body to govern your personal life?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds